Website help, complete novice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cjd

Reaction score
Hi all

Just looking for a little advise and pointing in the right direction.

I want to have a website for a a salon I am buying but really haven't a clue where to start.

In an ideal world I was hoping to contact Ruth at Salon Achemy but I am on a tight budget as I have paid a little over my original offer. So for the time being I think I am going to use a build your own .

A couple of questions.

What exactly is needed to build your own website....

Buy domain name 123 reg £4.99 approx is domain your website name ??
Pay for web hosting £?
Pay for website build ...weebly , 1 and 1 etc

Is there anything else I need to pay for

Thanks in advance for any advise

all you need is:
domain name
hosting
website building package

domain should be no more than £12 for 1 or 2 years
hosting, no more than £15 month
site builder, usualy free or a couple of quid.

I Like moonfruit, and they give you a free domain with some of the host packs. There site builder is very easy to use (as is optimising your site for search engines) and its easy to add functions like files to downloaf (price lists), forums, blogs, videos and even online stores. (included in hosting cost)

I would suggest reading up on seo (optimisation) before starting as you need to build your site with it in mind. I have a guide to seo that i made for some other members of this site ill send you if you pm your email addy.

if you need any help give me a shout

Sean

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

Thanks Sean

I pm you my email

Carla

emailed you.

have fun

With weebly it is free to host. You only need a domain name. And it's more search engine friendly as it is not flash based. it renders really nicely on mobile phones and iPhones/iPads

Moonfruit do a free package but i believe its limited.

Flash used ti be an issue for seo but isnt now. Although its a topic that causes some debate.

Not used weeblu but never heard negaitve feedback tho

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

Have a look at yola.com

Latest posts

Back