Website help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinknsparkly

Reaction score
Am in need of a website making in 2015, I used to manage my own but no longer have it as I simply do not have time. My father died this year and I have been running round looking after my mum who has dementia whilst running a salon and caring for a baby. I forgot to pay for my web page domain name annual subscription therefore it was cancelled they did call me at the time but i just could not deal with it as had a lot going on emotionally. I know what layout styles info etc I want just need some advice on who I can use to do the web design and management. I want it so I can update information myself but am not interested in actually making the site myself anymore. Any advice?

Message banner penguin on here they might be able to help u out :)

Thanks for the recommendation :)

I just typed a long reply and my phone deleted it all mid typing! If want to get in touch feel free to email us at [email protected]

We let you manage the site as much or as little as you want. We offer basic management free of charge if required so we don't just drop you once we've built the site and been paid.

Last edited:
Use a Wordpress site. You can control/amend as necessary and it's stupidly easy to use.

A lot of people offering websites just use Wordpress and personalise, depending on the clients needs.

There are a wide range of themes/designs you can use or you can have something bespoke.

You can buy directly from a freelancer or post a job on http://www.peopleperhour.com

Using freelancers cuts your costs as they dont have the same overheads as bigger businesses. Plus you're supporting small businesses. :)

You can specify whether you want a local, national or international freelancer.

1and1 have easy to manage websites that I find to be fabulous

I'm really sorry for your loss.
It seems like you've got a lot on your head at the moment.

Last edited:
I would go with someone recommended. I used people per hour, but got a bit of a rubbish job done on my 'so called' optimised wp web site. Luckily I vaguely know what I'm doing with web sites... but I will be emailing Mr penguin in the spring lol!

I would go with someone recommended. I used people per hour, but got a bit of a rubbish job done on my 'so called' optimised wp web site. Luckily I vaguely know what I'm doing with web sites... but I will be emailing Mr penguin in the spring lol!

Look forward to hearing from you :)

We are due to launch our own new site on 5th Jan which will have our lovely client testimonials including those from fellow geeks. Our current temporary site has been temporary for far too long! It's terrible.

That's a shame, I've only had good experiences.

OP- Money is held in an Escow account so you should only be releasing funds when you're happy.

I've used the site a lot- lots of graphic design; marketing; copywriting; Wordpress site etc

If you want the details of people I've used just send me a message, happy to recommend.

Hope it goes well

Hi @pinknsparkly

First of all I'm really sorry for your loss.

It seems like you've got a lot on your head at the moment. I can help you with setting up new website, design, development and management. I will host your website on my server and you can access it at any time and make changes yourself if you wish to do so.

I work as a graphic designer and I've got experience in hair and beauty industry so knowing the market I can create website that not only reflects a client's brand but also increase bookings.

Please check my website:

Dainty Studio

Or contact me:

[email protected]cs

Love the snow!

Hi pinknsparkly,

I'd also probably recommend using Wordpress as your CMS (content management system) as it will allow you to easily update things yourself. I offer Wordpress web design and would be happy to discuss your requirements further. If a more simple site admin is required and the pages don't have much content then there is also another CMS that I sometimes use, so it depends on requirements.

My portfolio is at www.kirstydesigns.co.uk - I have a few different packages listed for completely custom designed websites as starting points. However if a lower budget is a consideration I may be able to accomodate by offering customisation of templates for example.

If you are interested please use the design quote form to tell me a bit more about your business and requirements.

All the best, Kirsty

Hi as I have had quite a bit of response which is great but a bit overwhelming as all your examples look great I have decided to detail my requirements then if you could PM me with a quote that would be great, thanks again .... Here goes;

Simple site with logo as header, probably about 5 pages, home page with a welcome page detailing the salon and our aims with a picture of the shop, Link to our Facebook page also link to download PDF price list. Must be in a clear and obvious place don't want the customer to have to scroll down at all on home page. would like a bit of flash on the home page to look pretty maybe a colour changing background. Menu bar running along the top consisting of - home, treatments, contact us, semi permanent makeup. If there is any space left on homepage would also like a word cloud.

I will write all the content for the pages just want someone to lay it all out nicely for me

Colours used pale green and cream with dark grey font

I may want more pages in the future but that's it for now.

Thanks again look forward to hearing from you

Hi as I have had quite a bit of response which is great but a bit overwhelming as all your examples look great I have decided to detail my requirements then if you could PM me with a quote that would be great, thanks again .... Here goes;

Simple site with logo as header, probably about 5 pages, home page with a welcome page detailing the salon and our aims with a picture of the shop, Link to our Facebook page also link to download PDF price list. Must be in a clear and obvious place don't want the customer to have to scroll down at all on home page. would like a bit of flash on the home page to look pretty maybe a colour changing background. Menu bar running along the top consisting of - home, treatments, contact us, semi permanent makeup. If there is any space left on homepage would also like a word cloud.

I will write all the content for the pages just want someone to lay it all out nicely for me

Colours used pale green and cream with dark grey font

I may want more pages in the future but that's it for now.

Thanks again look forward to hearing from you

I'll message you now :)

Latest posts

Back