Wedding hair curls - velcro rollers or pin curls?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelly100

Reaction score
I have a bridal practise to do, with the actual wedding coming up in a couple of weeks. The bride has very long, straight hair and would like big glam hair, curls that last.

I tried heated rollers, let them heat for one hour and cool down in the hair for one hour, but they dropped pretty much as soon as I took them out.

So at the next trial, I am planning to do the following:

Blow dry with a round brush, set each section on a velcro roller immediately after blowdrying

OR

tonging each section, again, immediately setting on a roller.

Or shall I pin the curl to the head instead?! Which is best?! Velcro or clip to head? Blow dry or tong?

Any advice much appreciated. Many thanks.

What heated rollers are you using? Velcro rollers are no good for curling as the curl doesn't stay in for long. Have you not got a curling wand they are great for curling. Xxx

id use a curling wand, but i always use a fixing spray to hold it more. hths xoxo

I was going to curl the hair first, either by blow drying or tonging. I'm not planning on relying on velcros to curl. Just wanted to keep the hair curled whilst it cools down, to help it to last. That's what I was wondering, what was the preference, velcro or pinning curl to head.

Yes I have a wand I can use. But again, I want to keep the hair in a curled position for as long as possible. If that makes sense.......?! :rolleyes:

If its between the two then pin the curl to the head as velcros are no good for staying power with curls, I don't use tongs anymore as I find the curls don't stay in very long. Xxx

Hi,

I'd do a curly blowdry but as you go along pin cuwayward section after drying that way your heating the hair and allowing it to set in a curly position until cool!
Worked for me when I had similar bridal hair to do :)! Xxxx

if she is wanting a big curl you could use lge GHDs then allow to cool in velcros

I would big blow dry, velcro roller for height on the top, then curl with Ghds and pin curl each curl in until they are cool, then unpinned, will prob be a bit too curly for her at first but if she wants it to last!

Curling wands are great or curl with ghds and pin xx

Would wet setting not work better as hair is dried in the curled form and have tongs/wand handy for tweaking at the end hope this helps xx

A wet set I think would be my first choice but it's time and having the hood dryer facility to ensure its 100% dry if doing it mobile it could b tricky xx

I would big blow dry, velcro roller for height on the top, then curl with Ghds and pin curl each curl in until they are cool, then unpinned, will prob be a bit too curly for her at first but if she wants it to last!

Isn't this result just bliss?!? X

I wouldnt do hair from wet i put top section in heated rollers then tong rest of head in small sections pin in pin curls as you go once you have done that section take top section out of rollers and continue with tonging and pin curling as you go. allow to cool and take out!x

Patrick Cameron provides easy bridal hair using heated rollers if the hair is all up it adds a nice finish and gives lift. I love how everyone does things differently and te pretty much all get a similar result. Fabulous xx

Thanks for all the responses. She is wearing it mainly all down.

I will tong/GHD/wand, then pin and cool. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Thank you xx

Latest posts

Back