Wedding hair help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highonglitterx

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I have a long time customer who would like me to travel to Florida to do her daughter’s (the bride) and bridal parties hair next year. I live in Maine. I’m planning on also taking a vacation that same week after, but what should I charge them for traveling and my services? Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone!
I have a long time customer who would like me to travel to Florida to do her daughter’s (the bride) and bridal parties hair next year. I live in Maine. I’m planning on also taking a vacation that same week after, but what should I charge them for traveling and my services? Thanks in advance!
Wow what an amazing opportunity!
Just to be clear are they providing you with flights and accommodation? Because otherwise it's surely not worth your while. Unless they're happy for you to factor all that in to the cost?

I’d expect you to charge a half or full day rate for your services when doing bridal work normally, so you’re looking at your day rate plus...

So start by working out how much money you’d lose by not working in the salon plus the inconvenience of not being home, so additional meal costs etc. Travel costs to include taxi’s or airport parking and luggage costs. (Small European airlines often charge ridiculous amounts for baggage fees but I don’t know how much US flights charge)

Make sure they sign a detailed contract because if they decide to cancel your services nearer the time, you might get stuck with paying your flights and accommodation costs.

Latest posts

Back