Wedding Hair training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickie@Nailmania-Limited

Goldie Hawn Geek
Reaction score
Hi All

I am getting more and more into bridal beauty/makeovers and the one thing I keep getting asked is:

Do you do bridal hair too?

Now, I am not a hairdresser but I am sure I have the ability to do bridal hairstyles - I am now looking for courses which offer just this part of hairdressing.

I have found some step by step dvds that are produced but they are hugely expensive, especially if you want more than 1.

Also, could there also be stand alone courses for training to do hair highlights as well?

Any of you lovely hairdressers have any ideas along these lines for training/courses?

Any information or suggestions would be most helpful.

Toodle Pip

Nickie

i would say learning highlights is pretty in-depth stuff, im no hairdresser but i'm sure its more then a day course!!

and teaching yourself off a dvd for put ups?? i wouldn't waste my money tbh.

why don't you work together with a hairdresser for bridal parties - let her do what she does best and you do a fab job on the nails.

if i was asked 'do you do bridal hair' id say no but i highly recommend XXXX and get her to do the same for you with nails xx

Hi there
You may be gifted with putting hair up and being artistic which is excellent as you could train from videos dvds ect,

but as far as colouring or highlighting hair is concerned there are no short cuts as you have to be trained in great depth to understand the scientific part of what you are actually doing to the hair.

Also to do highlights you will need to be qualified for insurance reasons.

You sound really interested in it though so why not ask about a hairdressing course at your local college they may do night class which may fit in better for you :hug:

but as far as colouring or highlighting hair is concerned there are no short cuts as you have to be trained in great depth to understand the scientific part of what you are actually doing to the hair.

Also to do highlights you will need to be qualified for insurance reasons.

You sound really interested in it though so why not ask about a hairdressing course at your local college they may do night class which may fit in better for you :hug:
Great answer.
I thought it was against cosmetology rules for anyone that Is Not Licensed to someones hair and Charge for it be it a updo or coloring.

Some not all makeup courses here in OZ offer upstyles/bridal with the course package.
Maybe you can source this through hairdressing academies, the larger ones to start with in your area?
I agree, to do any form of chemical treatment you need the appropriate training,
all the best with your choice.

XX J XX

Hello
We learnt wedding hairstyles with spa beauty training in Worthing however I know capital do these courses too. You couls also find a hairdresser and get them to show you how to do thewm.
HTH

Salon services & Sally's both offer hair up courses in my area twice a year, if you have an artistic flair you should check with your local one. Tint is a big no no as far as i am concerned, so many things can go wrong, no shortcuts with tint hun, you'd need a full on course. :hug:

hi if your wanting to do hair as well as the skills you already have, i would strongly suggest the proper training that is needed.
through different training schools colleges i could also say to my clients yes i do make up [after all iv been applying my own for 20 years] but iv got no cert , so i would be cheating the client.
there r so many people out there saying they are hairdressers already the law says you have to be trained in industry so please train before you start hair as a service. i to offer bridal services but get stumpped when needing makeup artist iv applyed for the training course but in the meantime may need help where hairdressing is concerned theres more to hair ups
sorry for being blunt im friendly really but as a professional to another check out training colleges full-part time or evening courses are available

Latest posts

Back