Wedding make up smokey eyes, can anyone help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockysmartie79

Reaction score
Hey just meant to be doing a wedding make up next month I did a trial on her and used browns as she is quite light skinned. She said she would prefer a smokier look i just need some tips pleasee! Any other tips would be helpful also as this is my first wedding make you. Tia: )

Use greys and blend well.

Maybe bring a dark brown shadow along the lash line and blend into the lighter colours this can look more smokey without blending from the crease.

If she wants more add black eyeshadow and blend into corner and bring up through crease? You can always tone it down again with a champagne/nude colour on the lid.

Sometimes if I have a bride who wants smokey eyes I start brown and do a liner and they're happy with that or I do one eye smokey and one eye brown smokey with a gel liner and they prefer that.

BUT a the end of the day if she wants smokey go for it. It's make up you can take it off again but if she's happy then it shows and she will recommend you more than if you don't give her what she wants!

Good luck!

Ps if your unsure have some photos printed or on your phone to check or ask her to bring/email photos of looks she likes. I always have my portfolio with a natural to full glamour look with the same model so you can both agree on what 'smokey' is!

I've had client say natural to me and then bring a full on pic from Asiana wedding magazine

Xx

Thank you for that guys! Has helped loads. :)..X

I always get my brides to bring in lots of pics of the look they want, then run through colours of dresses, flowers etc to make sure I use tones of colours that suit. As with the other post, I always get brides that ask for natural looks then they bring in full on glamour pics with false lashes and everything!!! xxx

Oh and I have tonnes of mags as well, bridal and fashion - just in case xxx

Latest posts

Back