Weddings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
Dont know if this should be hair or business.

I don't really do weddings. But my client is getting married on 20th August.

Her grandmother (also my client) has arranged to have me do their hair. So haven't communicated with the bride.

They haven't told me how many I'm doing. Or what I'm doing so haven't given a quote.

I was thinking to send a message soon, saying that it's about 8 weeks til the wedding and I'll need the bride in for a trial soon. And confirm how many bridesmaids/blowdries. I will need a *insert amount* non refundable booking fee to secure the booking.

What do you think I should say exactly? I don't really want to do it so I'm cool with putting her off. Although They are clients they aren't regular clients.

I started to take deposits for wedding parties so id message asking for confirmation of how many wants booked in and take a deposit per person as well, ask if they want a trial and thats paid on the day of trial too thats how i operate it

I would send an email asking for confirmation of date, time &?numbers so you can book out your time. Outline the prices for bride, bridesmaids etc then say a deposit is needed to secure the appointment. I normally do the trial then if they are happy & wish to proceed, take the deposit/booking fee of 50%. I would also state how much notice you want for cancellations (for a wedding booking of a few hours on a Saturday, I would want at least 7 days) and state that after that time the deposit is non refundable.

I'm not 100% confident with hair ups and charge from £15 in the salon. Does £25 for bridesmaid and £40 for Bride sound ok?

I'll be going out to them. How do I work out travel costs?

Also, do I charge travel from home. Or the salon?

Firstly I would get confirmation from the bride she still want your services, as it's strange that 8 weeks to go until her wedding that she has not been in contact, especially as the bride has not booked you directly and this has been done through the grandmother.

I have had this in the past where well meaning relatives have phoned up to book me without telling bride and bride has already got someone...awkward!!!!

I would call rather than send an email.

Also if you are not confident with hair ups, don't feel you have to do them

Firstly I would get confirmation from the bride she still want your services, as it's strange that 8 weeks to go until her wedding that she has not been in contact, especially as the bride has not booked you directly and this has been done through the grandmother.

I have had this in the past where well meaning relatives have phoned up to book me without telling bride and bride has already got someone...awkward!!!!

I would call rather than send an email.

Also if you are not confident with hair ups, don't feel you have to do them

She's one of those clients who can never remember her number and only ever books in via Facebook.

I've said I would now :(

I'm hoping to get a friend in to help too. I figure £200 for 5 hours work? It works out about £173 for charging per hair up?

As there are not contracts in place and she hasn't got back to you, you can always say you are booked on that date.

I wouldn't sweat it, it sounds to me like she has someone else, as she has not been in contact, got a quote or paid a deposit.

I would definitely find out for certain that they want you! I've had non-brides booking stuff only for the brides to have sorted it elsewhere.

Personally, I think you are selling yourself a little bit short for £200, but that's entirely up to you. Is it 5 hours work with the travel? Will you be able to go to work after? If it's the only thing I am doing that day, I work how much I could potentially earn in that day in work and make sure it matches that at least.

Latest posts

Back