Weekend nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allabout beauty

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm thinking about offering weekend nails just tips with file and polish, as Id like to offer some sort of extension but hate the full extension works ( wasn't for me) do any of u guys offer weekend nails? And how much would be a good price to charge for this service many thanks
Kat x

Hey everyone I'm thinking about offering weekend nails just tips with file and polish, as Id like to offer some sort of extension but hate the full extension works ( wasn't for me) do any of u guys offer weekend nails? And how much would be a good price to charge for this service many thanks
Kat x

Hi, I offer these I call them weekend / party nails.

I charge £15 for them, I normally do these on nurses - who get discount with me anyway. They normally then ask for polish on top or some nail art which I charge them for as they get discount. HTH xc

hi, i've never thought of doing this. Is there much demand for it? Do you just fix the tips with the nail glue you would use when sitting the tip under acrylic? Could you do't hem with rhe white tip or just the natural as the white would have a ridge where the tip sat in the natural nail?

Sorry for all the questions lol I just have a few ckuents that I think would be interested in this.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

I was taught you do all your normal prep for a gel or acrylic set. You then use resin instead of gel or acrylic use either tip and blend as you normally would. Most of the nurses I've seen have them with polish on.

I'm lucky enough that a friend is a nurse and she helps by telling the
Other nurses on her ward etc. she has them done with me at least once a month. X

I was taught you do all your normal prep for a gel or acrylic set. You then use resin instead of gel or acrylic use either tip and blend as you normally would. Most of the nurses I've seen have them with polish on.

I'm lucky enough that a friend is a nurse and she helps by telling the
Other nurses on her ward etc. she has them done with me at least once a month. X

Resin as in fibreglass resin? :idea:

I've never even thought of or heard of doing this, but I bet this would be great with shellac?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

I've done weekend nails a couple of different ways.

1. Tips with Shellac
  2. Tips with a thin layer of resin at the smileline only (then buff), then whatever(polish or shellac)
  3. Tips with thin layer of resin, a little sprinkle of acrylic powder at the smileline and more resin (then buff as usual), then finished with whatever (polish or Shellac)
How I do them depends on:
  • How weak/strong the client's natural nails are
  • What is the client's life-style (will they bang them?)
  • How long do they need them (24hrs or more?)
YES, prep as you would for gel or L&P.

hth's

Thanks leely :) I wasn't sure if u use the resin or not thanks so much and I was thinking of charging £15 for the service as well,

Ps I was thinking it would look great with shellac too :)

So going to give it a go as I think it would be popular good luck to everyone else as well :) xoxox

Thanks vHunter :) can't wait to give them a go :)

When applying, do you place tip as near to free edge as poss (if there is one ) or cover the whole nail bed with the tip?...

What tips are best to use for this service?
:biggrin:

When applying, do you place tip as near to free edge as poss (if there is one ) or cover the whole nail bed with the tip?...

What tips are best to use for this service?
:biggrin:

I place tips on the same way if I was doing a set of gel acrylic.

I have white clear and loads of coloured & patterned tips. When I do weekend nails it all depends on the client. Some have wanted French weekend nails, some have wanted to match the colour they are wearing on a night out.

For weekend nails I tend to use the cheaper tips as I know they won't last that longer.

HTH xx

What kind of blurb could I use to describe them ive hit a brick wall with it I'm finding this bit tricky

Many thanks kat x

What kind of blurb could I use to describe them ive hit a brick wall with it I'm finding this bit tricky

Many thanks kat x

Call them Party Nails.
they are usually intended for a singular event, so why not?

Party nails sounds great and I think the name will get people enquiring going to practice this weekend will upload some pics :) xoxoxo

Mine are called party nails I've put on mine, ideal if you are not allowed long nails at work but want to party at the weekend ;) x

Latest posts

Back