Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire08

Reaction score
Hi i ve been using wella for 10 yrs and ave recently noticedon my clients with white hair the coverage has nt been very good. so when using 66/0 its coming out more like 7/0 and doesnt seem to last . Could anyone recommend a different brand ? thanks

The best I have found is the new Inoa by L'oreal. Fantastic grey coverage.

Thanks will give it a try.

I've no problems with the coverage. Are you mixing it with anything else?

Hi . when using 66/0 and 6% im finding on the regrowth of white hair it does nt look brilliant coverage . Im using welloxan would i be better to use 3 %.

Try using a more intense 66/0 and mixing a bit of 6/07. So if you're using 1/2 of 66/0 add a 1/4 of 6/07. You'll probably find a 3% won't last as long because it isn't opening up the hair cuticle quite as much as what a 6% can, it's merely staining the hair that colour. It'll only work like a semi. Add that mixture with a 6% to the roots, put her under heat for 10-15 minutes, then mix up the same mixture with a 3% or add some water to whatever mix you have left and smudge it through the ends to blend. Keep that out of heat for the remaining 5-10 minutes and you'll find you have a much better coverage. Keep in mind with all the sudden sunshine we're having can lift hair and is your client swimming? A lot of clients swim and don't realise it's aiding in their hair fading. What shampoos are they using? Recommend a good brunette shampoo and conditioner that can help lock the colour and perhaps talk her into a colour mousse to use when she's drying her hair between colours. :)

If you mix it with 6/07 it diluted the double base, so you'll problably find it even harder to cover.
Do you leave it on 40mins? And measure the peroxide out? Sorry for the questions lol, I must check my next hard to cover base 6 client, one on Friday so will let you know x

Hi thanks for all your comments . i leave the colour on for 45 mins and under heat but dont always measure colour out (bit naughty)so prob thats it . thanks

With all colour ranges it is imperative that the mix is measured out.

You will never get it exact trying to do it by eye. Results will always be compromised by inaccurate use.

I always weigh my colours so i know i am bang on!!!!

Is the client on medication?

Some medication effects there hair which can make the colours less affective..

iv had this problem before with 66/0 and, i now use 66/0 half and quarter of 6/7 6% came out beautiful chocolate colour. lasting and no fading. the 6/7 only gives it more richer colour .

Latest posts

Back