What am I entitled to?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttaylor

Reaction score
i have been self employed within a salon and my contract is about to end and there is no renewal within this salon now as it is changing back to employment. i have a few days left but have been told to finish now and take my stuff! i have clients booked in untill the end of my contract, i dont start in my new salon till next week. what are your thoughts is this right and should i ask for compensating for my loss of earnings?

hi hun

i can't offer any advice as such, but i would suggest taking a copy of your contract to either the citizens advice bureau or a solicitor and see how you go from there.

i would also begin to (if you havent started to already) look for a new premises or offer your clients a mobile service in the mean time if you are not able to find one at such short notice, as i would be concerned about whether or not the salon would want to keep those appointment for their now employed staff, however im not sure how your client database is kept and whether or not they have access to client bookings and contact information.

hth xxx

Hi
It should state in your contract how much notice of contract termination you will be giving.
As SE they don't have to usually wait till the end of a contract period but they do need to give you notice. Usually 2 weeks.

As the contract has been broken before the end date the owner has breached the contract, if that has resulted in a loss of earnings then you are entitled to pursue the owner for this however it could be timely and costly to pursure them for this. CAB will be able to advise but you will need to instruct a Solicitor if you want to pursue.

Latest posts

Back