What are Gel Essential gels like?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soniamarie

Reaction score
Hi wondered what Gel Essential gels are like, they are hard gels I use a soak off gel at the moment but was thinking of trying them on myself for a while as the soak off gels dont seem to last on me due to work and I have problems soaking off due to eczema on my hands.

Anyone have any reviews of these products as just about to order this weekend.

I've seen them in my newsfeed on Facebook am also interested in wondering what they are like, sorry I can't help though :( x

I've seen them in my newsfeed on Facebook am also interested in wondering what they are like, sorry I can't help though :( x
Hi thats ok, I heard about them when someone said they use the hard gel which they said was very good, they have good reviews on website too. Might just have to order some and find out for myself, was hopeing more people would commented. I am thinking of ordering them tonight so if I do I will get back to you in a week or two and let you know what I think of them. I trained in Calgel soak off gel but would like something a bit harder but not acrylic as no training and cant afford another course at the moment.x

If it helps I use ink London hard gel, and I've heard they are sorting things for a soak off gel, the price is worth it, they last and files easily :) would be nice to see what you think about gel essentials though X

If it helps I use ink London hard gel, and I've heard they are sorting things for a soak off gel, the price is worth it, they last and files easily :) would be nice to see what you think about gel essentials though X
I did ask about ink london hard gel and gel essentials feed back was that gel essentials was easier to file using normal files not efiles as I dont have one of them and always been trained not to use one. But would like to speak with people who use it and how they get on with it. Works out expensive buying different kits to try out. Do you use an efile with your ink london hard gel?? I have an account with them too. I use Calgel but would prefer a thicker gel to work with.x

ps I want to do a sculpt adding length but not having to do a french I want a natural look for work which of the Ink london gels would I need to order to do that would you know, their prices are fair and may try them as well as the gel essentials.x

Last edited:
I trained with EN but I ended up changing suppliers as I thought their products was not as professional as others on the market. The hard builder gel tended to lift 3 to 4 weeks after application even though following correct prep procedure as per their training.

With the soak off gel polishes, although they are cheap to purchase, they can be goopy and thick to apply so you need to heat them up a bit with your hands or a small bowl with hot water. At the time when I was training, they sold generic UV LED lamps for curing gels, so there was no specific lamp for these products to ensure a perfect cure.

In my experience, Gelish soft gels and hard gels lasts longer than EN gels.
Never heard of Gelish soft gels. Do you mean their new Polygel?

Never heard of Gelish soft gels. Do you mean their new Polygel?

No. Polygel is like hard gel in the sense that you still need to buff it off - for me, the price for training and the actual price you pay for the tubes was a deal breaker.

When I said soft gel, you can use acetone to soak off the gel polish. With EN hard gels, it is buff off only. Gelish also has structure gel which can enhance the nail strength by adding more layers to it, or make an apex for added strength.

https://gelish.com/products/gelish

I did ask about ink london hard gel and gel essentials feed back was that gel essentials was easier to file using normal files not efiles as I dont have one of them and always been trained not to use one. But would like to speak with people who use it and how they get on with it. Works out expensive buying different kits to try out. Do you use an efile with your ink london hard gel?? I have an account with them too. I use Calgel but would prefer a thicker gel to work with.x

ps I want to do a sculpt adding length but not having to do a french I want a natural look for work which of the Ink london gels would I need to order to do that would you know, their prices are fair and may try them as well as the gel essentials.x

No e-file here :) it's easy to file when I first used it I had a few troubles filing like I usually would and file too much [emoji85] they have also just added new colours to there collection so unsure what the names are to make a French but I know they look lovely with the pinks I've seen used :)

I trained with EN but I ended up changing suppliers as I thought their products was not as professional as others on the market. The hard builder gel tended to lift 3 to 4 weeks after application even though following correct prep procedure as per their training.

With the soak off gel polishes, although they are cheap to purchase, they can be goopy and thick to apply so you need to heat them up a bit with your hands or a small bowl with hot water. At the time when I was training, they sold generic UV LED lamps for curing gels, so there was no specific lamp for these products to ensure a perfect cure.

In my experience, Gelish soft gels and hard gels lasts longer than EN gels.
Hi as far as I know Gel Essentails is different to Essential nails. Reviews are good on fb ect but wondered if anyone had used them. Ive ordered a trial kit, bit expenesive but went for the whole kit rather than mixing brands. will see how I get on.

No e-file here :) it's easy to file when I first used it I had a few troubles filing like I usually would and file too much [emoji85] they have also just added new colours to there collection so unsure what the names are to make a French but I know they look lovely with the pinks I've seen used :)
Thats good to know its easy to file off. Can I ask why you may want to try the Gel essentials gel?? I have ordered their sculpting kit to see how I get on, was thinking of the ink london think they look more professional but depends on the products really. Do you use their gel polishes if so what are they like. I use cuccio at the moment but like a lot of us like to try other brands incase there is a better one out there. Will let you know how I get on when it arrives hopefully this week should have chance to do mine.x

Latest posts

Back