What are the longest nails you've ever done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbee

Reaction score
I have had someone ask me to do their friends nails - and then tells me that she likes them long, like VERY long. Well, turns out she likes them just cut off after the 'bend' on the initial tip (OMG). She wont be disuaded and she tells me she is very super careful with them and normally gets about 2 weeks out of them.
Should I bother, or are these the type of nightmare nails taking about a million beads to cover that I should defo avoid.

I would definitely tell her that you won't be responsible for her breaking a nail because it's way too long. If you do her nails you should charge extra because you are going to be using more product. She should get more than 2 weeks out of l&p, if not then they are too long. I would ask her if she has a new set put on every 2 weeks, if she does then she really needs to consider shortening her length. You are the professional, tell her your opinion. Daggers are not attractive!

You should not turn a client away just because you our anybody else thinks the clients nails are too long.
You are the professional, so it's up to you to make sure you structure the nail correctly to help avoid breakages.
Yes, breakages happen more on long nails and I'm sure you will explain this to the client but don't stress about how many beads you will have to do, just do how ever many you need to do to get a correctly structured nail.
If she's been wearing enhancements for a while, her natural nail should be quite long underneath and this will help.

Enjoy working on a bit of a "different" client cause trust me, it's gets a bit "bla" when you are forever just doing short P&W nails:)

I have a client who only wears tips without cutting them at all. When her nails get too long underneath I soak everything off and do a new set, by her request of course. She doesn't like when her natural nails show. She does everything blingy you can find on earth glitters, neon colors and diamonds. It takes me longer but it's what client wants. The most amazing thing is that she never broke a nail and she come every 5 weeks 😳 it's a challenge for sure and a lot of work, if you think you can do it why not, if not ... then not

My second client wanted super long nails and she didn't have any enhancements for a long time (and she is 17 years old, so I'm assuming she doesn't have a lot of experience with them anyways). I did advise her that they could possibly be prone to breakage a lot easier (especially since I'm still in nail school and I'm not that good yet). Well, she called book another appointment a week later (today). She came in saying how right I was and that she wanted them shorter, lol. Long story short, I'm glad I did what she wanted because in the end she decided what she really wanted.

Longest has been my own, I used to overlay them and only re-tip about every 18 months, once started doing nails more often I shortened them. Did feel very very strange without them at first and people really commented about my "stubs" :lol:

I have been approached by a lady who works in a local shop as she's seen my nails change weekly and she asked where I got them done, so gave her a card and her nails are very long, she has them overlayed l&p and nail art, I'm dreading the call lol as know they will take ages to do.

Latest posts

Back