What are your education/training goals for 2016?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Bod

Reaction score
Evening all! Just wondering what courses you are planning on doing during 2016??

Mrs B x

I've just trained in a general gel polish course so I plan on training with brand, it will all depend on what happens when I'm done college in June though! Would love to hear what everyone else is planning! [emoji4]

I'm planning on doing the first course in the new year to train in acrylics with CND! I've been wanting to do an acrylics course for a good few years, toyed with the idea of an Essential course, but CND are such a strong product I figured better to spend money on proper face to face tuition! Quite nervous, as I've been doing nail art (on myself and friends/family) for a few years now but this is my first foray into doing nails properly!! Any hints, advice, pre-course tips all welcome :) x

Goodness yes face to face tuition helps a lot with nails with a good tutor. I found that cnd was really good to train with post college to bring my skills up.

Some college courses provide the option of product training but equally, if you have your manicure qualification you may be able to train with some brands straight away before you finish other nail courses at college.

With nails I want to keep enjoying nail art and in terms of courses I'm keen to take my makeup training to level 3 if I can.

I'm desperate to do the CND L&P course, at the moment I don't offer any nail enhancements as I have no confidence in doing them. So I'd love to be able to branch out! I also want to do the Lecente look course, just because I love glitter [emoji92]

I'm exclusively CND at the moment and would definitely recommend their training [emoji106]

But I'm currently searching for a colour gel line to run alongside it and an alternative to Brisa Lite; which I use a LOT but is being discontinued.

I am Gelish trained but I abandoned it after too many fading issues.

So I'm looking into Artistic Colour Gloss and their Correction Gels.

I also want to get my IBX certificate and my CND Master Sculptor badge [emoji51] x

I'm very excited as I've booked my CND L&P beginners course for February 2016. I'm also planning on completing my Master Painter course which will make me very happy.

I'm very excited as I've booked my CND L&P course for February 2016. I'm also planning on completing my Master Painter course which will make me very happy.
Ah Stook I've just seen you're in Gloucestershire; I got excited that you might be on the course I'm booking, in London!

Lol. Come to Glos and do it with me :)

I can also vouch for CND. Amazing training with amazing products! I'm booked to do my pre-requisites for Master Painter, so perfect polish and art and style. Hoping to get my Master painter before July as I have my first bubba due then [emoji4]. Would also like to do IBX training. Oh also need to employ someone and get them trained up in everything I currently do to keep my business going whilst I have some time off on maternity leave! Fingers crossed for 2016!

I've been in touch with Light Elegance to see if I can arrange hard gel training with them in Scotland and I've everything crossed they can arrange it and also nail drill training x

I am hoping to complete all 3 CND master routes to gain Grand master. I started by completing master painter but then the education program changed and I now need to re sit master painter.

Brisa lite is being discontinued? What about normal brisa? (I've got so much product left to use that I'm a bit out of the loop). Is something new coming?

I'm exclusively CND at the moment and would definitely recommend their training [emoji106]

But I'm currently searching for a colour gel line to run alongside it and an alternative to Brisa Lite; which I use a LOT but is being discontinued.

I am Gelish trained but I abandoned it after too many fading issues.

So I'm looking into Artistic Colour Gloss and their Correction Gels.

I also want to get my IBX certificate and my CND Master Sculptor badge [emoji51] x

Im booked in for a Shellac conversion & Perfect Polishing in Jan/Feb & plan on completing my Master Painter this year :)

After that id lke to get back into enhancements but will have to save for a while for that one xx

Brisa lite is being discontinued? What about normal brisa? (I've got so much product left to use that I'm a bit out of the loop). Is something new coming?

'fraid so [emoji17] But regular Brisa is unaffected x

I'm planning on doing my Master Sculpter course with CND :)

I'm exclusively CND at the moment and am doing my master painter end of Jan.
I started my training journey in July and have done an awful lot this year so I will slow it down a bit, get more experience under my belt and Will then do custom blending in order to sit my master for l&p (cant remember what's it's actually called!??). I haven't trained in gel, and currently have no overwhelming desire to do so that can wait for the following year I think :)
May book a creative one to one class with one of the known successful techs but not decided on that yet :) xx

'fraid so [emoji17] But regular Brisa is unaffected x

Phew! Can manage that :) never got into Brisa light so as long as the original continues it's cool.

Mine are to finally get to college to study level 2 Beauty Therapy NVQ.
I had my interview and maths and English tests this week and have been accepted onto the course.

I don't start till September and will be leaving my job to go back to college full time, cannot wait for September now :)

I'm doing my eyelash extensions course next week so case studies to do. Sadly have to wait a little while for Kim Lawless courses (current job and holiday drama) but it WILL happen! More importantly, I'm going to have a job in beauty

Latest posts

Back