What attracted or inspired you into becoming a nail geek

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh well I've loved nails since around the age of 16 (29 now) Never liked painting my own but loved painting everyone elses.

I did the usual bought the gel kit watched a load of you tube videos and did friends and family as it was very different from my day job in the office and I found doing nails actually relaxes me.

After many years I decided to do a home study course ( a year ago) in which I completed 3 months studying for 3 hours a day just in the theory element of the anatomy of the hand, bones, skin etc

I practised my L&p beads for weeks, gel was easier and after 3 months of theory and assignments I spent a full week doing practical and absolutely loved it.

I am now booked on a hand and nail harmony fusion conversion course and cannot wait.

I know home study courses are not rated on here and did look into a course at my local college which was impossible to attend with my little girl being 1 years old. But looking at the times it was a 2 hour class once a week then we had to take into account all the summer holidays where the college was closed. I was constantly going through My anatomy books with the home study and have not looked back.

I have inbetween completed spray tanning, lashes etc but my love for nails will always be at the top of my menu list ;-) x

I am always learning and always have areas for improvement, and probably will for the next 20 years with all the new products that are released, but everyone has to start somewhere and I've loved reading everyones stories too.

I love nails and everything you can do to them and especially love my clients who keep me very very busy xx

I had acrylics for years because I used to be a biter and my nails r rubbish. A girl used to come to my house to do them and she trained with CND. we moved to Australia in 2005 and I had a 2 year old and couldn't find a job so I did a CND L&P evening course so that I could do my nails because there were some nail salons there but every time I got mine done they were awful and I would end up going home and filing them and messing with them to get a better shape. When we came home 2 years later I started doing manis and pedis mobile in the evenings because I had another baby and couldn't work during the day. I then got an office job and didn't do nails for a few years. Last year my mum heard someone talking about Gelicure it and I got excited about this new type of nail product. I had yet another baby by then and a full time job so I got myself set up and started doing a few clients in the evening. I then switched to gelish and it's been a year now and I'm loving it. I'm thinking about doing a spray tan course and hopefully getting enough clients that I can give up my full time job.

aboutbaby

Latest posts

Back