What can I do about this mad shake?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireballoraiste

Reaction score
I'm a freelance hairdresser building up a nice clientele over last 2 years. I had been away for over 10 years previously from industry. 15 years experience before this.
Have done a fair few courses to bring myself back and worked in a fairly stressful salon weekends to also help me back.
Now this probably sounds a bit mental but if I have to hold my scissors against someone's skin to cut a sharp fringe or bob, my hand can shake quite badly and I have to hold hair in other hand to stop shake, thus not getting result I want!!
Thing is, it doesn't happen with clients I'm completely comfortable with, only newer ones or ones I feel I'm still trying to 'win' iykwim.
I really feel its beginning to hold me back, anyone have this problem in the past and nail it??
Need to kill it, it's awful:(
Thanks geeks x

I know exactly what you mean. I don't do hair, but I used to have this a lot when I was doing nails - particularly french. I'd go to put the white line and my hand would be all over the place. I don't know what has helped really, but it has stopped. I make sure my blood sugar is quite ok - I tend not to starve myself. I found the stress, level of concentration etc was much worse if I hadn't eaten, and I also think you will just become more confident. Don't know if that helps!!! Good luck x

Thanks Squidger, sound advice :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back