What colour is this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what colour this is please X

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 56
Yes I know it's blonde was just asking what kind of blonde it is ie: 8 or 9. Etc would really like to do it on my sister but not sure what colour to go for

Yes I know it's blonde was just asking what kind of blonde it is ie: 8 or 9. Etc would really like to do it on my sister but not sure what colour to go for
Chezza
With respect these are the questions you need to be asking your hairdressing tutor.
This forum isn't for spoon feeding your learning.
Wait till you've learned the basics before plunging in colouring when you've not learned the theory.

What colour do you think it is?

Help yourself first. Then we'll help you

I actually did ask my tutor and she said golden blonde and I asked my friend who's been a hairdresser for 6 year and she said more of a beige blonde, so I was just a little confused as to why they both have different answers. I understand people must be frustrated with me asking these questions I just thought I could other people's opinions on here. The truth is I'm actually a really shy person and easier for me to admit my mistakes on here than ask my tutor for help as I get really embarrsed which I know is wrong and I should be asking her for help!! I just don't feel confident enough right now and it's something I really need to work on. Sorry if I have annoyed anyone by asking these questions.

Grace_hair: I thought it looked more like an ashy blonde

Grace_hair: I thought it looked more like an ashy blonde
You're a hairdresser right?

Or at least training. Let's use the correct terminology.

What level is it? Once you've decided that. They we can look at what tones. And once that's done we can look at how to achieve it.

Saying 'its beige blonde' 'its golden blonde' or 'its ash blonde' is as much as a chocolate ash tray.

Do we use words to colour someones hair? No we use formulas.

I'm in training, have only been in training for around 6 month, I thought it was a level 9. My tutor said golden blonde I thought it had an ash look to it, but I've still not got to grips with all the tones yet

So look at it.

Is it just one colour?

Is it the same at the root as ends?

Are there highs or lows to it?

Cams I feel like I'm being judged by saying only what I know and how I am being taught, my tutor tends to use these words quite a lot (ash beige blonde). Is this site only for qualified people?

No it's definitely not the same at the roots as it is at the ends. It looks like it has been highlighted with an ashy blonde to me and some darker blonde lowlights

Cams I feel like I'm being judged by saying only what I know and how I am being taught, my tutor tends to use these words quite a lot (ash beige blonde). Is this site only for qualified people?

@cams97 isnt judging! But there's no point using words like beige blonde. It makes you no different than Joe Bloggs. You're training to be a professional. Using formulas now will get you in that mindset.

No it's not for qualified stylists only. But we've sat our assessments/exams etc. So we aren't going to spoon feed you.
As long as you help yourself. We will help you.

I regularly tag Cams97 in things that I'm unsure of and ask his advice. He's an excellent teacher. But, not a spoon feeder.

No it's definitely not the same at the roots as it is at the ends. It looks like it has been highlighted with an ashy blonde to me and some darker blonde lowlights

Come on Chezza! Use numbers. What colour line do you use?

What level is the root? What level are the ends? What level are the highlights? What level are the lowlights?

I agree on what your all saying and maybe I have to have a word with my tutor because i feel like she's not really been learning me in the way she's suppose to after hearing what all you have being saying I feel like I should know a lot more than what I clearly do. I guess she's probably been taking a lazy approach with me.

I'm not judging you.

Your tutor sounds, a bit, rubbish really. How is using words like golden blonde teaching you anything?

Are you trying to achieve this look on a certain client?

I agree on what your all saying and maybe I have to have a word with my tutor because i feel like she's not really been learning me in the way she's suppose to after hearing what all you have being saying I feel like I should know a lot more than what I clearly do. I guess she's probably been taking a lazy approach with me.

The thing is, everyone interprets colours differently. As you have realised with the picture.

If you use words during consultation. Use comparison. Eg pillar box red.

I see what you are all saying and I really do appreciate it, I agree that my tutor does sound rubbish and she's not really a pleasure to work with, I just really want to be a hairdresser and a fantastic one to, so until I find something elsewhere I guess I'm going to stick it out but I maybe need to come out my shell a little and speak up when it comes to my tutor. We use the wella Line and I would say roots are maybe 7/0. 9/1highlight and maybe 9/03 lowlight. I'm so scared to work with numbers incase it's all so wrong. I really need to work on my knowledge and confidence to stay in this line of work

Latest posts

Back