What comes with renting a room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princess geek

Reaction score
hi,
i have held my beauty qualification for nearly 3 years now and starting to get stuck in a rut, feel like i need to move on before my current job strangles me. I was thinking about going mobile but worried i won't get the clients and then unable to provide for my family, so was thinking about a room.
I understand they can cost anything from £25 upto £60 a day, but was just wondering do you get all the equipment with that, such as waxing heater, bed and trollies ect, obviously not the supplies lol (if only), please reply as i think i've something strong going here and really want to get stuck in.
many many many thanks:idea:

It depends on the room you are going to rent. I rent out two rooms and the beauticians provide everything that is not able to be fixed to the wall - i.e. cupboards, sink etc. I believe this to be the general consenus although you may find a salon where they have decided to switch from employing people to renting the room out so may have equipment already there. Also you will probably find that if equipment is provided then the rent will be higher then if it is just a bare room.

I once rented a room in a tanning salon - it was a cheap deal at £50 per week but it was just a room, no equipment etc. I have enquired recently with hair salons who are advertising rooms to rent and they're not equipped either. I hope you manage to find something suitable :hug:

thanks ev1 for your replies, some good info
sounds like the best bet is to hire an empty room to bring the cost down.

Wow that is a steal at £50 a week, it's hard to find something at that price in manchester anymore, good luck with your search anyway

thanks again

Latest posts

Back