What costs are involved with a website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
One of my mum's friends has offered to design my website for free! :green:

So excited! I hadn't really considered it as I'm clueless :o

So, if my website is designed for free, can anyone give me a clue as to anything else I would have to pay? Presumably a host? (But really no idea.) I don't want to have a lovely website designed and then find the running costs are too much for me.

Any help appreciated,thanks x

Well I am no Internet buff do knew I would never be able to design my own.
So I found a webhosting company who also provided me with email and a webpage creator.
This was through one.com and I paid £10 for the first year and £23 for the 2nd year which is the normal price.
But I found their web creator not very flexible or user friendly so now use weebly.com.
So weebly.com is where I created my website and one.com host the website for me and my email address etc all stayed with one.com

Have a look and see what you think
www.tip2toe.net

Xx

If your looking from your mobile it's a mobile webpage but you can click at the bottom to see the full site

Once you've bought your domain name you can get free hosting on moonfruit, weebly, wix, wordpress or similar but you don't get many pages. I always find them enough though as I don't have loads of photos. You can port your email to gmail for free & have xxx@yourdomainname rather than [email protected].

So in essence it'll only cost you the 3 quid or so a year for the domain name. Hope this helps!

Well I am no Internet buff do knew I would never be able to design my own.
So I found a webhosting company who also provided me with email and a webpage creator.
This was through one.com and I paid £10 for the first year and £23 for the 2nd year which is the normal price.
But I found their web creator not very flexible or user friendly so now use weebly.com.
So weebly.com is where I created my website and one.com host the website for me and my email address etc all stayed with one.com

Have a look and see what you think
Tip To Toe Mobile Beautician High Wycombe - Mobile Beauty Therapist, Nail Technician in High Wycombe

Xx

Your website looks great!

Once you've bought your domain name you can get free hosting on moonfruit, weebly, wix, wordpress or similar but you don't get many pages. I always find them enough though as I don't have loads of photos. You can port your email to gmail for free & have xxx@yourdomainname rather than [email protected].

So in essence it'll only cost you the 3 quid or so a year for the domain name. Hope this helps!

That's unbelievable! I shall have to start getting some pictures together. Thanks so much

That's unbelievable! I shall have to start getting some pictures together. Thanks so much

Not a problem at all, there's a guide on weebly on how to do the email thing, takes about 10 mins, if you can't find it PM me & I'll dig it out for you X

Your website looks great!

I put a lot of work into the site but it paid off - I come up on the first google page now when searching

Good luck!

So do you think it would be better to let this friend do me the honours then? Using weebly or whatever?

Or do you think I ought to do it myself?

It was such a kind offer I don't want to offend, not to mention they do this sort of thing all the time.

No harm in letting your friend do it, so long as they know exactly what you want! I'd write the copy for it though - decide how many pages you want & the titles - home/treatments/prices/contact etc so you're not disappointed!

Latest posts

Back