What could have caused this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach's nails

Reaction score
My client of 4 years contacted me today to say this had happened to one of her nails. It happened about 4 days ago and she says it's very sore, but not banged or injured it. Any ideas what could have caused this? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422221764.349479.jpg

That's very possibly older damage to the matrix which is now growing out. She must have knocked the area within the last few months. It should hopefully grow out but if she is at all concerned or if there are any signs of infection (swelling, redness, discharge) then she should see her gp.

Does she, or has she ever suffered with eczema? Obviously only a doctor can potentially say exactly what it is. But one of my regular long term clients gets splitting every few months similar to this, it's grows out and then splits again. Her doctor has confirmed it is due to matrix damage that occurred when she had severe eczema as a child.

Does she, or has she ever suffered with eczema? Obviously only a doctor can potentially say exactly what it is. But one of my regular long term clients gets splitting every few months similar to this, it's grows out and then splits again. Her doctor has confirmed it is due to matrix damage that occurred when she had severe eczema as a child.

Yes really badly in her hands!

Any other ideas or does everyone think the same ? X

I agree it looks like matrix damage, either she bashed or trapped her finger a couple of months ago and it's only appeared now as it's grown up far enough. Or as others say it's caused by her eczema, made worse by this time of year ie; cold weather, hand washing and central heating.

Karaxxx

I would be tempted to think then that it's is matrix damage caused by her eczema or external damage. But as you know - get it checked out by a doc 😊

Latest posts

Back