What do you do to relax after working? Suffering with aches and pains!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Whether you do a full time job, 2 part time jobs, parent & working etc...

What do you do to relax after a long days work after you've given your time to clients, friends & family?

One reason I ask... Is there are so many ways, which one proves the most popular?
My right side of the neck and shoulder are in agony most days after working in the Salon (I do a part time accounts job, and own a summer house "beach hut" Salon in our garden at home, plus all of the usual indoors (2 step children, pets, house proud and little miss organised with lists galore - I'm just going to start a "Bullet Journal" which should help)!

What do people do or use for aches and pains? Infra Red Lamp, any heat devices worth a go?

Would be great to here from you all.

Carly xx

I am interested in this as I am in agony with my neck and shoulders daily and I use a wheat bag and heat lotion when I get in, I also have regular massage abs the doctor given me strong pain killers but I try not to take them x

I have regular massage but I've also adapted the treatments I do so they don't damage me anymore. I guess this is easier if you work for yourself because you can just stop doing the ones that really cause problems and find ways around the others.

And then I have a fab hobby...playing the guitar makes every muscle relax [emoji4]

Every hair stylist or therapist should definitely have a chiropractor! I've been visiting one for the last 3 months and I feel like a different person!

This sounds so stupid but I literally before I go home to more chaos.
After cleaning the salon down etc I turn off everything and LIE on the floor (which is freshly mopped and personally I scrub them) and yoga called savasana pose for 5minutes. You be suprises how many "click" sounds you hear.

I would advise really think about your own health♡ gym if it is possible for you.. I used to go to sauna and jakuzzi after my work ( worked in hotel spa) so it really helped me to sooth my hard day.♡ think about yourself first♡

A nice bath in the dark with a bath bomb or bubble bath etc take my iPad in with a good book doesn't help with shoulders and neck unless you properly submerge yourself but it helps relax most of your muscles. For anyone with leg pain get a foam roller it is magical I haven't found any exercises that really help my back or neck yet but I can use it to get bad knots out of my neck I just simplify the excersises that they tell you to do cause I'm in too much pain to do the proper ones just now but that's what made me able to walk again and have the rest of my family using it too and they all love it!xx

Muscle ease bath oil and massage oil from Tisserand - works every time overnight!

Struggling with tennis elbow at the mo. Got Physio again on Friday but doesn't seem to be any improvement since my last appt where he gave me exercises to do. It's a constant niggly pain that I notice more when I'm not working and even in my sleep. Old age must be setting in!

Lots of painkillers for me [emoji777][emoji17]

After hours at my barbershop, I enjoy horror movies, playing guitar, or riding my bike :D It's really the simple stuff, try to spend time outside in the sun!

After hours at my barbershop, I enjoy horror movies, playing guitar, or riding my bike :D It's really the simple stuff, try to spend time outside in the sun!

We have lots of rain and cloud [emoji297]️

We have lots of rain and cloud [emoji297]️

Then movie night :) eat ice-cream and watch movies. Do whatever you can to not think about work!

When we have sun we all moan about how hot it is lol

Struggling with tennis elbow at the mo. Got Physio again on Friday but doesn't seem to be any improvement since my last appt where he gave me exercises to do. It's a constant niggly pain that I notice more when I'm not working and even in my sleep. Old age must be setting in!

My mum suffered with tennis elbow for a long time and visited many practitioners but struggled to gain relief ...she eventually had trigger point therapy and claims the pain literally disappeared. x

My mum suffered with tennis elbow for a long time and visited many practitioners but struggled to gain relief ...she eventually had trigger point therapy and claims the pain literally disappeared. x
Had my 2nd Physio appt yesterday and told him there had been no improvement since first appt. he then did some acupuncture on me and it hurt like hell when the needles went in but last night I couldn't feel it in my sleep and today I am relatively pain free! I'm so happy. Got another appt in a few weeks, I'm amazed it's worked on 1st session. My dad said it was what cured him but he paid for his at £40 a session so I'm even happier that it's on the Nhs!

I actually did go and have a massage, so waiting to see how this affects the rest of my week to evaluate if ache as much. I know its only the 1st one but my clients say how great they feel afterwards...

Latest posts

Back