What do you think is the best product, and what shall I invest in?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly Byers

Karma and love
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Thank you for reading this as need your advice :(
Just invested a lot in shellac and feel unshore on it due to it not always staying on (most clients yes! And longer then two weeks).
But others they have a business life and family can't come every two weeks and will peel due to always washing up.. Life really.
Shall I invest in something harder? But what is good for the nail as gel and acrylic are awesome! But clients will love and leave on for 4-5 weeks and then rebalance... But they will pick.
Very hard. But again gel and acrylics are the best option right now.
But clients want something that's the same strength but easy to take off (time) and health for the nails.
I do explain its how they look after the nails in the time... But they want the goodness of shellac but the strength of acrylic.. And fast apply/remove time.

Any advice?

Thank you so much

Have you tried brisa lite under the shellac? Will give added strength but can still be soaked off x

It doesn't really matter what product or service you apply, (most) will need their infills/new colour around 2-3 weeks anyway, did you do the shellac training when you bought your kit? Might be worth going to the beginners course before you buy into a new product?

With colour you wouldn't really want (it can and could) it to last 3-4 weeks plus as the re-growth would be massive,

hope you aren't offended by my reply, just not really sure why anyone would want their colour to stay on that long, all of my clients come every 2-3 weeks, for acrylic, shellac, maybe make sure you really go in to detail with aftercare and make sure they are using their oil? Maybe write something up so they can keep an aftercare card?

I don't know of anyone else with those problems :-(

Also there will be the odd couple of clients who can't keep their shellac on for two weeks but not all :) (mine don't last 2 weeks lol) x

Hi Holly, you've already invested in a top of the line product. :)

Have you attended any of the Shellac courses? Are you following all the CND procedures in your application?

Why don't you list all your application steps and maybe we can see if there is something there.

If you are doing everything properly, then it's probably clients not following aftercare.

Shellac is not suitable for everyone. Some clients get Shellac'd and think they have the strength of L&P or gel.

HTH!

Thank you all for replying.
Yes the clients don't do any after care (these ones complaining) and they do want the strength of acrylic but in shellac...

Very hard to please everyone. But Iam interested in the brisa light. And do that as a base. Then shellac.
As need something faster then acrylics. As after the 3-4 weeks there is a lot to fix as they don't look after either and find lifting.. And clients don't want to come back after 2 weeks.

Really yes your right they should have on longer then three weeks... But some people want and strange.. But they don't have the money for every 3weeks they say.

The shellac I do on clients has stayed for about 2-3 weeks but its the people who don't look after or pick if there is one chip and they are busy mums always hands in the sink and cleaning with no gloves plus with new borns. So I do explain it will be difficult for these to stay on...
People expect miracles lol.

Really thank you all for your replys.

Thank you all for replying.
Yes the clients don't do any after care (these ones complaining) and they do want the strength of acrylic but in shellac...

Very hard to please everyone. But Iam interested in the brisa light. And do that as a base. Then shellac.
As need something faster then acrylics. As after the 3-4 weeks there is a lot to fix as they don't look after either and find lifting.. And clients don't want to come back after 2 weeks.

Really yes your right they should have on longer then three weeks... But some people want and strange.. But they don't have the money for every 3weeks they say.

The shellac I do on clients has stayed for about 2-3 weeks but its the people who don't look after or pick if there is one chip and they are busy mums always hands in the sink and cleaning with no gloves plus with new borns. So I do explain it will be difficult for these to stay on...
People expect miracles lol.

Really thank you all for your replys.

for your clients that are wanting to stretch out their shellac wear or experiencing chips due to not following aftercare from 1st May you could retail them the matching Vinylux nail polish for touch ups?

Hi hun

Just to add and agree with what has been posted above, I think possibly you need to manage their expectations a little more. Be firm but polite shellac is a two week manicure that doesn't have the strength of l&p or gel. Reinforce the use of solar oil and aftercare and don't be afraid to let them know that not following aftercare can lead to problems. The fact is if they want a product thats lasts and has strength like l&p or gel then they need l&p or gel. Shellac is a pretty low maintenance nail product and I'd be concerned that if they can't follow simple steps to look after that, are they prepared to follow the aftercare for an enhancement. Hit them with your smarts honey, give them aftercare and educate these ladies. Shellac and enhancements require the client to look after them too, im afraid to say if they will not or cannot make that commitment financially or physically then they perhaps need to rethink whether they are suited to having their nails done- but before they come to that conclusion give them all the information that they need.

I hope I haven't come across as negative in my post but there is only so much we can do in the salon arming them with the information they need, then it's up to them to look after their beautiful new nails.

Hugs x x x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back