What gel system is best? Changing from Bio Sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleaGreen22

Reaction score
I currently use Bio Sculpture gel as a natural nail overlay, i'm thinking of changing as its just too expensive, can anyone recommend one that is most similar?
I don't like NSI so that's out of the question..

Any ideas please :)))

I don't really do overlay, I'm using IBD, it's great! ^^

I use artistic and they have a great range of products

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is IBD good for natural nail overlays? And can you soak it off?

My fav is Christrio - strong, shiny, easy to use- check out their YouTube & Website. Light Elegance is my 2nd fav & Akzentz.
Good luck

I used to use IBD but changed to Brisa. I havent had any luck with this gel, my prep hasnt changed since IBD but none of my Brisa nails stay on so I'll be going back to IBD x

Usually, if I would do an overlay, I will just use the hard gel, IBD have soak off hard gel if I'm not mistaken, but my country here don't have their distributor, I can only take limited product from other source and they don't have the soak of :( . But I've heard good things about the soak off hard gel.

Last edited:

So far I have used the IBD soak off builder as an overlay. I like it, strong yet flexible. I know the clear is what is promoted for overlays but *shrug* I havnt tried it yet.

I use the ASP T3 hard gels. I find these go on really well! it's really easy to manoeuvre & shape as you need it and along with an ASP acidless primer they literally do not come off of my clients which is great. I haven't tried any other brands and I'm sure there are probably better ones than what I'm using but to me this gel is really great and I have no problems at all :) xxx

I currently use Bio Sculpture gel as a natural nail overlay, i'm thinking of changing as its just too expensive, can anyone recommend one that is most similar?
I don't like NSI so that's out of the question..

Any ideas please :)))

If your looking for something similar to bio try calgel for a similar quality and soft soak off gel. I've tried asp/cuccio pronto soak off (did not compare at all) and I've tried ibd soak off gel (was ok). Tbh i do not find bio to be that expensive when using it as an overlay - i also use cnd shellac and have started using the brisa lite smoothing gel under for more strength, this is more cost effective as you don't need so many different colours x

Latest posts

Back