What Happened

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammie

Reaction score
I've been meaning to post this for a while, so here it goes.

I did a set of nails on myself a while agoand after a day they had started to yellow a bit.

I used a brand new brush and brand new liquid, so if anyone can give me some advice on this or as to why it may have happened please let me know.

Thanx

Sammie

Hi Sammie!From my experience it can depend on a few things.

Pls could you say which system you have used, if you used a top coat or buff shined, did you use a gel top coat?

Hiya

Yeah sorry forgot to mention that, I use creative retention+ with super shiny topcoat

Sammie said:
I've been meaning to post this for a while, so here it goes.

I did a set of nails on myself a while agoand after a day they had started to yellow a bit.

I used a brand new brush and brand new liquid, so if anyone can give me some advice on this or as to why it may have happened please let me know.

Thanx

Sammie
Hi Sammie,
Which product are you using ???
Does the yellowing buff off ??? Is it just surface yellowing or does it seem to run through the L&P ???Did you clean your brush in clean monomer before you used it for the first time ??? Did you apply the L&P over wet primer ????

If it is product or brush contamination, this will show up either immediatly or a few hours later........

If it happens the next day then usualy it is caused by out side factors.......
Tanning beds, lotion that contains tan enhancers, spices when cooking, make up............. aso.........

I always clean my brush in clean monomer, i didn't use primer.

It seems to go straight through the l&p onto my natural nail.

Hi Sammie,
When you put the brush in monomer and then wipe it on a tissue is there any yellow staining on the tissue ???
You said you used a new brush, did you prep the brush in clean monomer before you used it??? Is this happening all the time or was it a once off ???

There was no visable yellow stain when i cleaned the brush.

So far it was just a one off, i've done a set of nails since and they are fine. So thats why i'm a little confused.

You said the brush was brand new...............

So was the brush you used brand new and never been used before ????
Maybe some of the Arabic gum coating was still on there, hence it only happend the once and not since xxxx

Yeah the brush was brand new and never been used before.

Latest posts

Back