What is your preferred method of doing white (French manicure)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best Method?

• Free hand painted

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Stencil/Stickers

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Painting messy and the cotton budding

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

UnderTheSea

Reaction score
On natural nails? I usually do mine free hand but I find when I do this they look good but they don't have the crisp finish airbrushed white tips have when using acrylic. What do you find the best method to use on natural nails?

I sweep from left to right with a barely loaded brush, then go back in with a little more polish/Shellac when I'm happy with the shape to cover the tip entirely. If needed, I detail Vinylux smile lines with Nail Fresh/Shellac with dpserse and an old gel brush :)

You may find it helpful to draw a V from each corner of the smile line with your polish to the free edge, then join the two lines together in the middle to complete the sweeping French look?

Xxx

With a dotting tool especially on very short nails 😊

I free hand then perfect with a detail brush.

I have quite a steady hand so freehand works for me, I don't sweep side to side though, cannot get on with that lol, so I make lots of little downward sweeps from French smile to free edge, always a nice fresh white polish so you cannot see brushstrokes, sometimes dip brush in ipa to neaten if necessary. Agree a dotting tool is perfect for tiny nails/little toes.

Free hand but not sweeping side to side. I prefer the north/south painting starting from one side and making my way across. I then use my gel oval no6 dampened with DSperse if I need to perfect. Love doing a French. :)

I am a freehand girl 😉

Latest posts

Back