What is your salon uniform?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nietta

Reaction score
Hi geeks!
What do you wear in salon?
I am in the long process of opening a salon in the town I am relocating to and am looking for traditional, and more novel ideas for salon uniforms.
I'd love to see some photos or know where you get your uniform from. are you traditional or casual, tunics, teeshirts or dresses? Whats your stance on jeans etc? Does everyone wear the same thing?

Thank you!

We were tunics were i work, i think its okay, we all look professional. But theyre a nightmare during warm weather. Either tunics or all black, have clients comment more when we are in our own style of black clothes think they prefer it as they get a sense of your style! Xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

We're in all Black tunic and trousers. I'm really happy with our uniforms but suffering because the air conditioning has died!

I also didn't want anything too quirky or different as I wanted it to be reasonably priced and reasonably easy to replace or to add to.

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

We wear classy, stylish yet comfortable all black or white cloths with out name badge. Looks very professional.

When I worked in the spa we wore something similar to what nurse scrubs looks like in all black or all white... Although it was easy to pick out our morning outfit, it was so hot! And when I'm too hot I'm so uncomfortable and irritable lol

Tunic & trousers..although had to resort to a skirt in this heatwave!:cool:

We all wear a black jumpsuit from miss guided, comfortable and smart. I don't think jeans should ever be worn while working in a salon xx

Love the idea of a jumpsuit! I was looking at dresses but obviously all staff need to feel comfortable!

My new pinny! I can wear suitable clothes for the weather and still look smart. Although the huge pregnant belly ruins the look slightly.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1406154131768.jpg
    1406154131768.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 803
My new pinny! I can wear suitable clothes for the weather and still look smart. Although the huge pregnant belly ruins the look slightly.

I always liked the look of an apron with the spa/salon/clinics logo on it. Very professional, handy and manageable. Love it!

Pinny is nice, where is it from?

What do people think of embroidered logo on polo shirt ad I'm dying with the heat ib my tunics?

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

agree with every comment about dying in tunics. I had 4 waxing clients last night - ROASTING!! Seriously, tunics do not have no breathable fibre in them - I was wondering about using something linen for summer. Not so bad when its cooler but I think it would mark/stain from products. Think i might invest in a apron too!

I hate tunics! Mine are now at the bottom of my wardrobe. I wear smart clothes every day. Today I'm in a brown top and trousers. Yesterday I wore a black top and trousers. As long as look smart! I'm looking at getting tops with my salon name and number, but I'm going to wait until autumn when I'll want 3/4 length sleeve tops.

I used to wear jeans, white tshirt and an apron at the spa I used to work at. Fitted in with the overall look although took some getting used to when doing massage etc!

At the spa I'm in now we wear dark jeans, a white t shirt, apron and white converse/lace up shoes.

I work as a beauty therapist in a hair dressers, we don't have to wear a uniform,
I choose to. The owner never wears all black etc, she wears whatever she wants. the other hairdresser wears black leggings and some form of a loose black top/blouse. I wear leggings and my pink or purple tunic, I think it looks professional and the leggings and sandals stop me from dying in this heat. Sometimes if it's too hot I wear a loose purple, black or pink blouse, such a relief to avoid my tunic in the heat. If I'm hot I can't do treatments properly so id rather risk not looking the part in favour of being able to do treatments properly.

Pinny is nice, where is it from?

What do people think of embroidered logo on polo shirt ad I'm dying with the heat ib my tunics?

My pinny is from Ebay and was less than £12 with p&p. I'll be ordering another in black after my maternity for doing spray tans in x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406418688.592586.jpg this is my uniform... A black skater dress, tights and a pinny 😁

That pinny is fab, where is that from.

I was dying in a black tunic and trousers or leggings so ordered some black cotton aprons with my logo embroidered and bought some black t shirts and leggings from M&S for underneath. Still look smart but not so hot and very comfy

At the spa I'm in now we wear dark jeans, a white t shirt, apron and white converse/lace up shoes.

...we definitely worked at the same place!!

Latest posts

Back