What makes you as a business man/woman or entrepreneur motivated or inspired?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsHBeauty

Reaction score
I get huge excitement,motivation, inspiration and determination from hearing successful people's stories.

Reading autobiographies from the likes of Alan sugar, James Khan, peterjones well all the dragons - these books give me hope and trigger lots of ideas.

Tonight I have watched 3 episodes of Peter Jones meets... And I am literally bursting with I aspiration and motivation! I am just about to sit down and whiteout my ideas and make a real action plan. So that tomorrow I can put it to action.

What makes you motivated and inspired?

Is it seeing your clients happy, money or is there a different reason.

I'd love to hear your thoughts

:)

I think this is probably a Biz Geek post rather than chit chat :/

my daughter is my inspiration, i will succeed for her, to be able to leave her something when im gone.

she can keep the business or sell it, as long as it makes her happy x

I just want to be successful, not rich and famous :) x

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

Me too I've read them plus Richard bransons his is really good!

Plus reading on here other people stories also inspire me

Trade magazines are great too especially where they've done feature/profile on a salon: how they started and hurdles they come across etc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Oooo very good thread idea! What keeps me motivated is my sheer determination to be driving an Audi TT Quattro hahah. On a serious note...it's just a pure passion for entreprenurialism (did I just make up a word?) I've felt like this since I can remember & I know I will succeed in due course. Also since I can remember my family has always worried about money so I want money to be no object in my life, for myself & my family & I want to be able to provide them with anything they want/need, my mum & dad have worked so hard to give me everything I ever wanted so in turn I want to provide for them so my dad doesn't need to work when he reaches 50 (my mum doesn't work anymore as she cares for my uncle). Also this is a bit drama-queen but people need to know who the hell I am ;)

Ooh also, I have lived in an unfinished house since forever, there's always something! No flooring or proper kitchen at the minute! When we get flooring/ a new kitchen, the living room will need decorating, it's endless! So the desire to live in a beautiful home drives me! I could be here all night!

Ooh also ladies, a book called 'Starting a Business From Your Kitchen Table' is a great one, it's written by the founders of Not On The Highstreet, it's amazing! Grab it if you can

x

Oooh going to have a nosey for that book.

For the last few years I have struggled like hell for money and its exhausting. I just want to be successful and not scratching for money constantly. More importantly I want to enjoy what I spend my most of my time doing for the rest of my life! :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

My drive is the pensions we're gonna be left with.... so decided im making my own!

Ive always wanted to be my own biss but ive grown up woth a dad who works very hard 7 days a week and my mom has 2 jobs, but we've always been grafters so it was just something that was a given for me, just what job was the question... i origionally wanted to be a vet until a teavher put me off, so went to my second passion (hair) with the mindset 'if all else fails i can do my own hair' turns out i love it and found it came natural!

I want nothing in my name by the time im in my 50s everything i own will go in my kids names ready for when i leave them behind.

My plan is to have a number of shops here, people know who i am, and a few in another country so i can spend 6 months at a time somewhere else :D

May not go to plan but i'll work damn hard trying, and i believe you can do what you want if you just put your mind to it!!

P.s. im going to get that book today and start reading lol x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

what motivates me? my children a bit cliche i know but they only have me to provide for them. second to that is my desire for learning and giving something back. I not only want to provide somewhere that i enjoy working but for others to work and enjoy too. People need to be given a chance and i want to be able to offer. That would give me great job satisfaction xx

Quite simple really.

It's the dread of working in an office with people I can't stand. For a middle-management idiot who would stab you in the back for a tenner pay-rise and lacking any freedom whatsoever.

I work TEN times harder for myself than I did working for design agencies, but I don't begrudge a second of it.

Doing the job I've wanted to do since I was six years old helps too :)

It might turn me into a neurotic loon sometimes, getting in trouble for checking emails on holiday and sketching out logos on beer-mats (and having ENTIRE email conversations with clients in dreams!)- but it's the fear of not doing my job that motivates me.

but it's the fear of not doing my job that motivates me.

Sorry to cut your thread but this is perfect motivational talk on its own xx love it... This is for me too lol.

I also dream of all kinds of colour situations my ladies have gotten themselves into and I have had the stress of fixing it lol. Arnt we supposed to relax in our sleep hehehe x

It's great to hear everyone's drives.

I must admit I am not doing it for my children. I want them to have nice things and have a lovely child hood but I can provide that by being a stay at home mum.

I feel this is more of a personal thing for me. Its about my drive a determination to be the most successful person I can be. Every single day I dream so big it's unreal. I won't have anyone tell me it won't happen because if I listen I may start to doubt myself, and I don't doubt myself. I 100% believe I will make my life a success.

I am a bit materialistic, I want a nice house, nice car, go on nice holidays. But mainly I want success how I measure success is still a bit of mystery but I presume ill know when I feel successful.

I have had money making ideas since I was about 6. My friends and I used to go around washing cars, carol singing, going to the shop for the old lady's in the street. Naughty as it is when I got to my teenage years and started smoking I would by a pack of cigarettes split it up into 2's and sell them for a profit. I never had to buy my own cigarettes or lunch! Going through my early adult life (I had my oldest at 18 so adult hood started there) I worked for a couple of care homes before having my son. Then I have down various things. Mainly sewing and selling stuff, embroidery then finally my salon.

I have always had ideas to make money and to take something and turn it into a profit. I have always bought and sold on ebay. Everything I see I analyse to see if it can make money!

I have learnt so much being in "proper" bussiness over the last 2 and a bit years. I have grown as a person and as a bussiness woman. I have a great team behind me and I couldn't do it without them. I provide the salon and the environment to be the best therapists they can be and as a result make the salon money. Oer the next few years (mainly the next 12-24 months) the people who choose to stick with me will be highly rewarded. Big things are happening for me and I will succeed. :)

Ps I am going to go straight and look for that book!

Last edited:
Another good book is called a pocketful of hopes and dreams, the author of this book not only became successful but lost his fortune then built it up a second time.

I have also watched Peter Jones Meets and have to say when you see all the different entrepreneurs, it's so much about how they do things so differently and still make their business a success.

Some amazing people have been interviewed.

I've been self employed a long time and that is enough to keep anyone motivated because ..no work = no money. simple.

The single most INSPIRING thing I have ever attended in my whole professional life was ''THE EVENT'' held by Sweet squared in April this year......THAT was amazing and really made me feel that I could burst through the glass ceiling that I had in my own head..

I know I'll book my ticket for the next one without hesitation.

Great thread

What motivates me is showing others that I can be successful, it's a pride and self preservation thing.

I'm slightly bitter having worked my butt off for ten years for a rubbish police force that took my dignity, self confidence and self respect, and my working police dog.
I gave ten years of my life, put my neck on the line for them, I caught them criminals, took on people twice the size of me, worked on my own and for what. To be told I was crap, I didn't arrest enough people, blah blah blah, and those victims that needed help were pushed aside if an arrest and tick box wasn't on the end of it, totally corrupt and an organisation that never delivered to the public that needed the police.

So I resigned, but they took my dog because it had two years working life in it it was worth money to them. My dog, my partner of 4 years and for that I will never forgive them.

The bitterness that I feel towards that force drives me forward to show them and others that I am good at what I do, and now I meet lovely people, I get to be creative, work my own hours, and im appreciated for the work I do.
I've earnt more money than I ever did in the police, I've had two holidays early this year and bought myself outright the range rover I always wanted - something I couldn't do before. Yes I've worked my butt off and it has been hard but I don't ever want to be made to feel so low and I disrespected that I will work work work to be successful and to prove to all of those that constantly put me down that I'm successful.

I will stop being bitter one day, but until then my bitterness drives me forward and so far it's working. And I'm happier than I ever was in the police.

Myself gaining a career and to better myself is my inspiration :) I do for myself :) I want to be sorted before I settle down and have myself figured out first.

Bumping up xx to read later

Latest posts

Back