What other service to add to complement mobile nail business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nats5125

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I'm thinking of expanding my business to offer another service to expand the client pool that I could appeal to.
I currently offer manis and pedis and Gelish. What else do you offer that complements nails well and has bought you in an additional steam of clients to then cross sell to?
I am mobile at the moment.
Thanks x

I do those and l&p, hair and make up x

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

L&p, is that acrylic?

Thanks, how much do you charge for that? I'm wondering how one would compete with the prices the non standard salons charge?! X

i started with just nails( gel and acrylic) but now do loads more, i think it was holistic i added first then decided to do lashes, tanning, facial, massage.... ! I love it all so try and do something new whenever i have the money! Add something you are interested in so that you enjoy it! X

Waxing is my other most popular treatment, although there is a lot of stuff involved but its great bread and butter work, its also a good repeat treatment. Then you could add on loads from there ie: lashes, tinting, massage.

I get quite a lot of mother and daughter clients for waxing, which is great as its two in one place! good money too!!

Karaxxx

Waxing is what I was thinking of, and maybe spray tan but I think that is more seasonal. I know waxing isn't as straightforward as it looks, that's what worries me.
I will look into training. Any suggestions? I'm Essex based and can get to Hertfordshire and London.
Thanks all x

A full set I do for £25 cos that's average round here then coloured or glitter tips for £30

A full set I do for £25 cos that's average round here then coloured or glitter tips for £30

Thanks Emma Lou, can I ask how long it takes you to do a full set? X

I only qualified 2/3 months ago so still take a while! But I have to blend my tips which take forever! So about 2 hours maybe more! Need to get quicker! But il get quicker the more I do it (well I hope so lol)

I only qualified 2/3 months ago so still take a while! But I have to blend my tips which take forever! So about 2 hours maybe more! Need to get quicker! But il get quicker the more I do it (well I hope so lol)

Thanks Emma-Louise. That's my concern about it, it takes a while, but we all def get better and quicker with experience. Good luck with it all x

Thanks Emma-Louise. That's my concern about it, it takes a while, but we all def get better and quicker with experience. Good luck with it all x

Thank you! You too

Brow & Lash Tint's, Spray Tanning, Facials and i've just introduced Callus Peel which has got a lot of interest. I am trained in Waxing but haven't done it for years but I am thinking of doing this also as I keep getting asked for it by Mothers and Daughters! I am thinking of adding Soak off Hard Gel Extensions as I can't compete for Acrylics, as everyone wants them really cheap round here £20 and I charge that for Gelish so it doesn't make business sense to me, also I can't stand all the filing! If I do Gel I will charge £30 x

Brow & Lash Tint's, Spray Tanning, Facials and i've just introduced Callus Peel which has got a lot of interest. I am trained in Waxing but haven't done it for years but I am thinking of doing this also as I keep getting asked for it by Mothers and Daughters! I am thinking of adding Soak off Hard Gel Extensions as I can't compete for Acrylics, as everyone wants them really cheap round here £20 and I charge that for Gelish so it doesn't make business sense to me, also I can't stand all the filing! If I do Gel I will charge £30 x

Callus peel is very interesting. Do you need to do a training course in that? Will search salon geek and see what I can find. Also spray tanning is one I'm thinking of. I'm worried that people who get waxed already have somewhere to go so it might be a hard market to break into. I'm also looking into gelish hard gel. Thanks x

Latest posts

Back