What prices to charge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 16337

Reaction score
I have recently finished my NVQ level 2 beauty therapy course. Now I want to put it to some use and become a mobile therapist. The only problem I have is what to charge. Whilst I was training I had really low prices. For example, For a file and polish i charged £2.50 manicure I charged £5 and for a luxury manicure (which included spa treatment) I charge £7.50. So what do I charge now?

My price list shall include the following

File & Polish
Manicure
Luxury Manicure

Pedicure file & polish
Pedicure
Luxury pedicure

Mini facial
Medi Facial
maxi facial

1/2 leg wax
Full leg wax
Biniki wax
Eyebrow wax
Lip/chin wax
Underarm wax

Eyebrow shape (tweezering)
Eyelash tinting
Eyebrow tinting
Eyelash perming

Make up
Special occasion
Make up lesson

Your advice relating to prices and to the content of my list would greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi I have PMd you, hope it helps. Mel x

one thing that I find helps is by doing a little research on salons and therpists in your area. The do a paper comparrision and then you can pitch yourself somewhere inbetween.

Hope that helps

thank you to you both

I would be inclined to see what others are charging in your area, and go for something similar. I personally wouldn't go cheap-end though. Value yourself :)

would I be able to do that though with me only just finishing my level 2?

I don't see why not. You're qualified, hopefully to a better standard though than our local college chucks out :eek:

I don't want to sound as though I am bragging (i'm really not) but I do think I am good at the treatments I offer. I practice every weekend on relatives and wouldn't offer something I wasn't confident or train to do.

I do know what you mean about colleges. I have had some horrific treatments done me on whilst training and I've seen college mates having passed assessments even though they are not competent which shocks me. I read in the Professional Beauty magazine an article which stated that NVQs aren't as good as they used to be which really dissappointed me as I chose the NVQ over other quals because I thought it would be a higher standard.

Latest posts

Back