What shall I do next??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurasnowwhite

Reaction score
Hi all,

I possibly have the opportunity to get some funding to set me up with a new skill/treatment and am after opinions as to which to do first.

I currently offer the following:
Manicure
Pedicure
Facials
Swedish Body Massage
Waxing (strip and Lycon)
Threading
Make up

My question is, do I train in Shellac, Spray Tanning or Nail Enhancements?

I think I know the answer already from reading through posts, but wanted to get confirmation!!:D

BTW, I am a freelance therapist.

Thank you

I think most geeks are going to say Shellac. It's the next thing I will be investing in as soon as I have some funds :) although I already do spray tanning and it's one of my most popular treatments.
Rhiannon x

Hi I can't comment on enhancements as I don't do them (yet) spray tans for me are not that popular and I can honestly say if you invest In shellac you will not regret it!
Since I've been mobile it's the main treatment I do and more of my clients are getting hooked definitely been a massive thing for me :) hth x

Hi, I'm in similar situation all but the funding part.. I've got to fund myself booooo lol
I'm doing a manicure course with CND on the 17th so that I can then go onto shellac! I ummed & arrred for a while but if you go over to nail geek bit on salon geek & type in shellac.. That will most definitely make ur mind up for you :lol:
It did for me :)
By the looks of it shellac is the way forward.
Good luck xx

I thought as much!! Shellac is the way forward!!

Im only able to get funding because I've paid for all of the rest of my training from my savings (and overdraft!) while I've been out of work, unfortunately, because I'm the ripe old age of 26 means I've really had to fight for assistance, but at the end of the day, if the government pay for my shellac training and start up, I'll be able to earn money myself rather then claim benefits, saves them money in the long run.

Latest posts

Back