What should I be taking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my salon for a year, im still not taking a wage. BUT I hope to in the 3rd quarter of this tax year if it continues the way it's going :) also if things continue I hope to have completely broken even, paying back everything I've borrowed by the end of year 3.

I just want to add you only been open 2 months the start of the year tends also to be a slow Time for our industry just after Xmas, school holidays , and from now on its picking up , that's the case in my salon any way xxz

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Don't feel blue ! ( sorry I think I am funny )
If you want it bad enough you will do it but it takes time, try not to get into any debt ! It's your key skills we know colouring is a big one, that will bring in the money. Does your local college do placement days for it trainees ? I started out with me and a trainee nice company and help ! And free too !
You do need a pdq machine this is a must I don't think I would get payed without mine.
and clients don't feel like they are paying if it's not cash coming from their pockets, also evens out month, cos if it's getting towards end of month they use credit card no excuses I can't afford it lol.
No point in saying how much we all make because it depends on where your salon is mine is north east so I am not going to come close to Londoners !
But I think you doing alright, I had no debt at all, rented a very small shop did it up myself with friends and family on a shoe string ! It was a run down scruffy mess, anyway I opened in a busy street important ! Full of salons but I was dame good so instant clients on my door step after 7 months they were queuing out the door and a big shop came available to buy. I thought I was crazy at the time but got mtg and bought shop and dilapidated house separate. Long story short slowly turned it into a fabulous salon then re mtg and knocked down house built 2 apartments which I rent out ( my pension lol ) also rent out my beauty room cos i could not make it work needed working owner.. Good luck !!!!

I actually thought of doing a money off voucher for first time clients as I thought if they come once, the voucher is an incentive to come again and by then it's a routine they are in, coming to you and your salon, so they will be more likely to come the third time!!

Latest posts

Back