What should I charge for hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callie2311

Reaction score
I am newly qualified in nano ring extensions & pre bonded hot fusion.
I live in Essex (Wickford) what should I charge minus the cost of the hair???
Any mobile/home-based hair technicians please help me with your thoughts :)

Also maintenance charges for the pre bonds please...

(nano rings will be the same as the first charge minus hair as maintenance is full head every 6-8 weeks)

Thank you x

I am newly qualified in nano ring extensions & pre bonded hot fusion.
I live in Essex (Wickford) what should I charge minus the cost of the hair???
Any mobile/home-based hair technicians please help me with your thoughts :)

Also maintenance charges for the pre bonds please...

(nano rings will be the same as the first charge minus hair as maintenance is full head every 6-8 weeks)

Thank you x

I would work out what people charge in your area and go from there. Decide how much you think is a good profit to make on top of the hair x

Your best thing to do is do a bit of research around your area. See what other people charge.

Whilst your new I would maybe offer a
Cheaper rate for models. BUT making sure that you state it's a limited time offer. I think it's worth not being too cheap, as people who are willing to pay more generally look after them better.

You have to decide what your time is worth. I've seen people who charge £120 for a full head but then I've seen people charge £500. The quality of
The hair at £120 is appalling and it's not likely to last.

I generally aim for between £60-£70 per fitting for my time, although I'm fairly new and I intend to charge more (maybe £80-£100) per fitting once I'm well established.

Before I trained I had my extensions done by someone who was cheap, not thinking about it really. And the hair was seriously shoddy and so was the fit. X

I charge around £75 to fit on top of the hair cost and I've been doing hair ext for 3 years, I could charge more if I wanted and most will pay, but I'd rather not tbh :) I offer all different types of hair and quality so my prices range from £160 for a full head all the way up to £750... Xxx

Your best thing to do is do a bit of research around your area. See what other people charge.

Whilst your new I would maybe offer a
Cheaper rate for models. BUT making sure that you state it's a limited time offer. I think it's worth not being too cheap, as people who are willing to pay more generally look after them better.

You have to decide what your time is worth. I've seen people who charge £120 for a full head but then I've seen people charge £500. The quality of
The hair at £120 is appalling and it's not likely to last.

I generally aim for between £60-£70 per fitting for my time, although I'm fairly new and I intend to charge more (maybe £80-£100) per fitting once I'm well established.

Before I trained I had my extensions done by someone who was cheap, not thinking about it really. And the hair was seriously shoddy and so was the fit. X

agree perfect answer:Love:

Thanks for replying everyone, but I can't find prices for nano rings in my area hence why I'm asking for rough price ideas on here. I've done a few heads for free to get a feel for it so now il do some advertising on my lash page on FB when I work out a price & get the ball rolling at a discounted price for the first few clients so least il have had some good experience & I can feel comfortable charging full price eventually...

Thanks for replying everyone, but I can't find prices for nano rings in my area hence why I'm asking for rough price ideas on here. I've done a few heads for free to get a feel for it so now il do some advertising on my lash page on FB when I work out a price & get the ball rolling at a discounted price for the first few clients so least il have had some good experience & I can feel comfortable charging full price eventually...

In Manchester babes a full head of Remy Hair extensions, 18"-20" long the price is approx £300. hope this helps:biggrin:

Check your local pages maybe Gumtree to see what they charge ??!

Latest posts

Back