What to disinfect replace-a-file core with?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Carly*

Reaction score
I've got the tropi shine replace a file foot file and it says to disinfect the core after each use.

I have the mundo rapid disinfectant but the core is too long to fit into my tray and I can't figure out what I can disinfect it in. If I used a really large bowl I'd be wasting a whole lot of the mundo.

Can I spray mundo file & abrasive spray onto a tissue and wipe it? Is that enough? (that's what I did- but it's not been used since)

Should I buy some of the hard surface wipes and use those? I feel like that sounds right but thought I'd check if I need to if I already have the file spray.

I'm mobile fyi.

Thanks x

I'm not sure of the size of your file, but you could perhaps use the Mundo Disinfection Tray.

You could just wash it? or wipe it down with wipes and then spray it with mundo. As long as it's clean and disinfected it really doesn't matter which way you do it.

Sorry, I didn't see the replies! I have the mundo disinfectant tray and it doesn't quite fit. I bought another foot file and that doesn't fit in there either sadly.

I've been scrubbing the core with hot soapy water, rinsing, drying and then wiping with a mundo hard surface wipe (I love these, kind of want to scrub my entire house with them!). I feel like that should be sufficient? I always feel a bit funny when I'm not able to soak something, particularly anything that's touched a foot!

Whilst I'm on the subject, how do you all sanitise/disinfect your foot mask brush? Obviously clean in hot soapy water, but again feet! Do you think it will hold up to soaking? I could just about squeeze it into my mundo disinfectant tray but I have to make the brush end fit, which could wreck it, also thinking it might wreck the ferrule. This is the one I have (haven't used it yet though) Brushes Fan Mask Brush | Wholesale Cosmetics, Make-Up & Beauty Products | Beauty Express I could wash, rinse and spray with the file spray otherwise? Just wondering what everyone else does. Obviously it never touches my mask pot, but it will touch feet.

Latest posts

Back