What to do first? (and thank you for your support)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

19LouLou79

Reaction score
Hi all, as you've probably noticed I've been bouncing about asking lots of questions about gel polish, as this is something I'd like to set up on my own, but currently have no experience what so ever. I think I have decided to do the 2 day beginners shellac course with sweet squared which I have been to,d I don't need a mani/pedi qualification first, but wondered what people thought about this, and whether you think it would be could to get this under my belt first? Sorry if I am repeating myself or asking too many questions but I'm still getting my head around it all and this is the only way I can do it. All your advice and comments are much appreciated as it is being a great support in helping me with decisions in a HUGE area! Lol

Following with interest, as I would love to do this course, too! [emoji8]

I think you should be fine to go straight into the Shellac beginners. I did the conversion course after getting my mani certificate elsewhere, and found that I actually learnt better techniques from my Shellac tutor. Everywhere will teach slightly differently also, why confuse yourself when you could just learn from one place! Hope this helps x

That's what I think Makenna, that I'd be better sticking to one company for training. The itinerary says manicure but just wondered if it was I depth enough. 2 days seems a short time to learn to do a manicure and app,y and remove gel varnish, along with all the science stuff and use of equipment etc?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 48
.....just worried I'm reading it wrong I suppose, seems a fab deal to get all that training and kit for the cost.

Don't forget that a lot of PT college courses may be 12 weeks or longer but are only 1 lecture a week for 2 or 3 hours. The itinerary for the course you're looking at looks packed with information. Yes, you'll have to go away and do lots of nails to get up to speed but it looks like a fantastic foundation.

CND provide a really good base for you to build your skills and there is always an educator or someone from the sweet squared team on the end of the phone or email I have always found. I did level 2 and 3 nails services in college but learned so much more from my education ambassadors on the CND courses than I did at college. X

Thank you. CND is sounding really good then.

That's what I think Makenna, that I'd be better sticking to one company for training. The itinerary says manicure but just wondered if it was I depth enough. 2 days seems a short time to learn to do a manicure and app,y and remove gel varnish, along with all the science stuff and use of equipment etc?

You do a lot of the theory prior to the course - you are sent a course book that will become your bible and do an online test prior to day 1. You will do more theory on day 1 and then a final test on the evening of day 1. This means that you get as much time as you can doing practical whilst in the course.

As I have advised in a previous post to another newbie that was considering training, give Creative Academy a call and one of the educators can talk you through it and answer any specific questions or worries you have.

Get yourself booked! [emoji171]

Latest posts

Back