What to offer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicksyb

Reaction score
Hi

After completing my training last year, I have finally found the courage to let myself loose on paying clients. I am trying to put atogether a treatment/price list but don't want it to look to "naked". At the moment I have

Manicure £10.00
Pedicure £15.00

Mini Facial £15.00
Facial £20.00
Luxury Facial £25.00

Eyebrow/lash tinting £8.00

I will be doing this mobile. I don't have really good products so hence I'm not charging a lot. But mainly I am a bit scared about messing up and clients thinking that I don't know what I am doing.

I have been asked to do some waxing, and though I love ripping the hairs out I don't feel confident enough in it.

Just reading through all of that has made me cringe, I wouldn't go near me :cry:

why not organise a party for your friends to come over and get waxed and tinted and stuff so you can get some practise in?

don't tell your clients that you are new and nervous, you are giving them an invitation to pick holes in your treatments, and they will not look at you as a 'professional' but as an eternal student.

your price list looks OK, perhaps get some postcards made up so that it doesn't look so bare. You can get 100 for a few pound on vistaprint.

Here's a few more you could add:-

File and Polish - hands £7.00
File and Polish - feet £10.00

perhaps foot or hand massage if you've done it as well.

Maybe some joint packages of treatments with a discount ie facial and manicure 25% off if booked together?

Go out there and have some fun - enjoy yourself and your nerves won't show!

when I started out over 10 years ago, I hated waxing! I had a few bad experiences at college and refused to do it ever again!

When I opened my salon a couple of years later I realised I had no choice but to do waxing and my first full leg client took me nearly 2 hours, least to say she never came back - GULP!!!

Confidence shattered I learnt Brazilian waxing. I have never looked back. I went from having no confidence in myself, to being able to tackle the hardest of areas!

I went overnight from hating to loving waxing. I could do it all day every day. I can easily make £100 an hour just on waxing alone and my full leg takes me about 25 mins.

Dont worry about not having confidence. Its something that comes to you.

And as cliche says practice does really make perfect.

Kate x

how about luxury manicure or pedicure with heated mitts/boots or mini manicure, file, polish, cuticle work but no soak etc?

could mention french polish as an extra if you want to do that too.

Nail art? a few flicks with a striping brush and glitter brush if they want it or dotted flowers with a dotting tool - look lovely on toes in the summer!

Good luck x

Thank you for all the great ideas.

I really need to get rid of those nerves when it comes to waxing, soo many people have asked me for it. Tommorrow I shall start afresh and come up with an action plan :)

Thank you everyone :hug:

Latest posts

Back