What to put wax heater in when mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I've just done my wax course and put all my waxing things in a beauty case apart from my wax heater. What can I put it in to stop it spilling? I took it to my course with me last week in its cardboard box it came in stood upright in my passenger footwell. It didn't tip over at all but when I opened it up it was covered in wax and looked awful! X

This is the Bain of my life! I have had many accidents when travelling with the pot tipping over as I take a corner etc. however I have finally cracked it..... I transport both my wax pots in a deep storage box. The storage box that you would use for kids toys etc and has a lid. I arrange my lotions strips etc around them so nothing can slide around inside the box. Also the deeper the box the less likely it is to tip over while travelling. If I can't it into my boot I petition my back seat and strap it in with a seat belt! Hth

I too use a deep plastic lidded storage box (like you would use for childrens toys etc..) and I put all my strips, pre and after wax products, gloves, hand gel etc.. around my 2 heaters to wedge them in & stop them moving about. I also use Perron Rigot waxes that come in tins and I put the plastic lid back on the tins to stop the tins leaking over my heaters (I've bought empty tins for my hot wax & I use the lid on this too).

Can I ask either of you ladies if you use single wax pots or have a double one.
I'm a mobile therapist, mainly massage and facials but considering waxing as I've heard it's quite popular.

I invested in 2 large single heaters, I chose to buy digital heaters because I have a small analogue heater that I use in my eyebrow kit and I have had issues in the past where the dial has been bumped when packing/unpacking without me knowing and that has made the wax too hot to use and made my appointment longer as I had to wait for the wax to cool down.
I wanted my heaters for strip & non strip to both hold plenty of wax, I didn't want to have too little wax at an appointment because one side of a dual heater holds half what a large heater will hold.

Hey ladies. I have a small pod wax pot, I carry my waxing kit in a Stanley tool Trolley, bottom half holds all my lash tinting kit (not always necessary to carry around) so I only carry the top half, which I leave my wax pot in its box. I never remove my wax pot from the tool box. Its fit comfortably in with all my spatulas, strips and prewax/afterwax/cleaning creams. Very neat and tidy plus guaranteed no spills! :)

I'm mobile & use the PhD system - it's tubes in a heater & has it's own case - no spills!

Latest posts

Back