What to retail for Christmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckjustpamper

Reaction score
Really struggling to come up this year with some alternatives to see over the Nov/Dec period. I was not sure whether to include Scarfs and Jewellery or will this come across a bit odd? Cheap? For a beauty salon.

Opinions please. I won't be offended either way - just want to know what others with salons think?

xx

I tried jewellery a couple of times, but the discount shops were selling them cheaper than I could but then, but it could work for you.

What do you stock for retail already?

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I toyed with the idea of some individually made silver jewellery but never really bothered. We've just taken delivery of out Environ Christmas boxes and had sold two before they even arrived!

We often have some nice candles from the wholesalers near us, but everything else is really beauty related - foot files, cuticle oils, varnishes in pretty organza bags, make up, etc.

To be honest, I don't like to see a salon selling everything. I do think it looks cheap!

Vicki x

I hope I can put this on here (😊) but i make jewellery & jewellery made from crystals. I can make jewellery based on certain colours or colours of your salon. (Apologies if I'm not allowed to say this!). Message me if interested xx

I find scented candles sell well and look good in the salon too!

I'm not a fan of odds and sods (scarves, jewellry etc) being sold in beauty salons, I personally think it looks a bit naff! Most professional product houses bring out specially packaged sets at christmas, which is what I sell. I use Decleor and Jessica and both have a great range of christmas products (candles, pomanders, gift sets etc). I sometimes also get in some bags and boxes and make up a few of my own sets with dry skin brushes etc to shift slow moving stock, which is a great way of having a clear out!

Lily flame do fabulous candle packs which we find sell really well! Also you could try selling some good makeup brushes like stipple brushes for foundation i think people may pick these up handy enough!

I personally don't like jewellery, scarfs or handbags in a salon, but product related items and candles always gets me spending, especially in a swanky box or giftbag.

I've put little organza bags together with a few bits in- polish, top coat, mini oil & file or cuticle stick and these have gone down well. Other than this I have stuck to the ready boxed sets that suppliers bring out (Sienna X, CND etc)
I enjoy making things so I'm quite happy spending an evening putting the bags together & sprucing them up with ribbons etc. Not sure how this would work if you were talking a large volume of sales though.

I'm actually mobile so find it hard to display retail items. I don't want to hijack CK's post but if any of you can throw out some tips for retailing while mobile I would be very grateful :Love:

Candles & vouchers, I often put the two together as a package deal...hubbies/partners especially like this as its a wrapped gift instead of just an envelope!!

Sent from my HUAWEI Y330-U01 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks so much for the replies already. This have definitely made my mind up. I do not want to be an odds and bods kind of place.
I thought that maybe my customers would like to see something different but on second thoughts I do see why I should put myself under the additional pressure. I will get some nice bits related to the brands I am already using and Christmas sets :). xx

Where do you all buy your supplies from for candles etc?
I have a small home-based salon but am very busy with it so thought this year I'd like to retail some Christmas bits but I have no clue where to start!!

Where do you all buy your supplies from for candles etc?
I have a small home-based salon but am very busy with it so thought this year I'd like to retail some Christmas bits but I have no clue where to start!!

Salon supplies come from a salon supplier, Capital, Barkers...

Gifty bits n bobs come from all 4 corners of Google and if you find a wholesaler for them, like I do, they're even cheaper

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Does anyone have any good places to buy gift boxes from. I'd like to put together some Eve Taylor, CND etc sets and want to display them in boxes with shredded tissue paper.

:)

Latest posts

Back