What type of tech?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

startupspaparty

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I'm totally new to the beauty business. I had the idea to start a mobile spa specializing in home parties. The only services I wanted to offer were henna mani/henna pedi combos and pregnant belly henna w. belly facial, and make-up as an add on option. My original intention was to contract licensed nail technicians. However, after doing my research I've learned that I live in one of the few states that doesn't allow manicures and pedicures (or facials & hairstyling) to be given outside of a salon. Instead of abandoning the idea all together I decided I can offer hand & foot spa treatments exfoliating,moisturizing & massage in place of the manicures (w. polish change which is allowed).

However, I don't know what type of tech to hire now. It seems pointless to hire a manicurist if I can't offer manicures. On the other hand an esthetician or massage therapist who is used to doing more expensive treatments might not feel doing paraffin waxes and polish changes are worth their while. I'd like to focus on the kids party market (as I think they'd miss the "real" manis less than thier adult counterparts). I'd like to tell parents they are getting real professionals and not just some random party host doing treatments.

First, you have a great idea.

I think you’ll find no problem hiring an esthetician or massage therapist. An option to hiring full-time employees would be to contract your estheticians and massage therapists. Remember, were in a recession, any business is good business. I don’t think your employees will be that picky as long as their getting business.

In addition, I assume some of these parties will be an introduction to your full services. Once you establish a client base who knows your service quality they’ll come back for full services over time.

SBM Staff Member
SalonBlabbermouth - Salon Ratings and Reviews

Latest posts

Back