What will next season bring you and your business??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collin

the original not the fake
Premium Geek
Reaction score
All right I know this year's season isn't over yet but I have been looking back at things and wondering how well we have done compared to our anticipation of the season beginning about this time last year.

I'm wondering if I have worked hard enough and achieved the objectives I had set out to achieve.

So my question(s) is(are)

1) How has this season panned out for you and your buisness..has everything gone according to plan,what were the high and low points of the year and what lessons (if any) have you learnt from your experience?

Did you achieve everything you set out to achieve?

2) what plans (if any) do you have for the forthcoming 2009 season...do you have high hopes,are you looking to expand your business or continue on with things just the way they are??
What plans do you have cooking up??

Thank you for your time :hug:

well Collin,
this year has been a strange one for me.

I've always wanted to get into training in my own right, which I envisaged when Master Chick is in secondary school, in 2 years. but, I had my cards read and was told that the plans I was making would come into fruition in June.

I decided to go for it, its taken up to now to write the courses and get them out there.

This past 2 months has been the start of something beautiful.

So I see myself taking my training courses nationally next year. I'm already booked for somerset in March, so its already happening.

Hi Collin,

I cannot answer the first question as I haven't been in the industry this year but for Q2 I am planning on setting up a business in the first half of 2009 either mobile or renting a small room. I can't wait to jump in at the deep end and go for it! My husband works in Holland and there is the option - if I'm brave enough - to take the business over there and set up home in Scheveningen (try saying that when you've had a few!) We have done a bit of research on the mobile therapists out there and they are few and far between. Anyhow - I'm eager to add CND nail enhancements to my treatment menu when I'm up and running - I'll be finishing the foundation course in December and I have to say onwards and upwards :) I'd better get practising those damn smile lines! :hug:

I'm planning on getting my business to take off. I've just been "playing at it" up till now, doing friends and family. But next year I'm really going for it. I've had some lovely compliments on my own nails, but not handed out business cards to the person giving the compliment! No more! Cards and leaflets will be handed out like confetti!

I'm also planning on starting using MInx. I've got the kit (not opened yet!) and am going to CND Edinburgh on Sunday to hopefully see all the packs "in the flesh" as they are so different from the catalogue/leaflet, and we didn't get a chance to see them at the Event. (Well I'm sure if I asked one of the lovely ladies in the shop she would have been delighted to show me, but there wasn't enough time to do everything!) I'm also hoping to have a practise under the watchfull eyes of Fiona and Wee FI.

The next thing I'm planning on doing is training with Kim to learn waxing. I'm hoping she'll be up in Scotland very soon to do her basic course, which is she is getting accredited. That will be another "string to my bow" and then I'll need to get set up with all the equipment I need and find a wax range I like. Think I might be getting some advice from you then Collin.

I've also got my "day job" as a teacher which I can't afford to give up, as I need the pension scheme! I'm also working towards Chartered Teacher status, which involves a lot of work on a huge report I need to submit. I'm hoping to get the bulk of that done during the school Easter and Summer holidays next year.

Well, what a busy year I've got planned. Better get off my backside soon and get started!

Marion xx

this year has been a rollercoaster. I have been a complementary therapist for 8 years and thought, this time last year, that I should get into th beauty side and so started some courses. Then the opportunity to open up asmall beauty salon within a department store in my local town just fell into my lap. It was an opportunity too good to refuse and so here I am in my third month in my own place. It's just me and a part time therapist on Saturdays, but I love it, even though I am at a little bit of a low point having finished with all the opening offers. I need more clients and so next year is all about marketing. I need to get people to know there is a salon here and how good it is. Hopefully in 2009 my salon will double its turnover and be well known in the community

Latest posts

Back