What would u do xx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairdestiny

Reaction score
Hello love and happyness to you all
I work in a barber shop and finish my nvq 2 in july do u think i could go mobile straight away or should i go into a ladys salon first xx

If you feel confident enough then go for it. However.... I'm not sure that anyone coming straight out of training has enough experience to deal with all the different sorts of problems that you may encounter when working alone. It's well worth getting a job in a salon for at least a year or so in order to learn from other stylists about how to deal with difficult hair, difficult clients etc. etc.

Secondly, I often think that mobile hairdressers often pitch themselves as a cheaper alternative to the salon experience which isnt necessarily the only route to take. A friend of mine is moblie as well as doing training for one of the major colour companies. She opted to go for the time poor, cash rich clients and charges a premium for going to their house to do their hair (£45.00+ CBD) and makes a very good living doing it. She is, however at the top of her game and keeps up to date by working with the colour company on an ad-hoc basis.

Hope this is food for thought.

nick

Latest posts

Back