What's that thing called made of foam that goes around the client's head instead of cotton wool?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcuts

Reaction score
...when perming?

We've been using one for ages in the salon & it's just broke & perms seem to be massively back in fashion (yes on young ladies not old!) & I cannot find this thing anywhere?

Any ideas of what it's called / where we can get some new ones please?

Merry Christmas!

(Hope you're all surviving. 3 weeks of 10 hours days are damn near killing me but mustn't complain hey).

and Happy New Year.

Lmao I have no idea what it's called but that's the best thread title I've ever seen :p merry Xmas to you too :)

Do you mean the drip tray that catches that you out around the neck to catch the perm?!! I agree best title ever!!!

Nope not the drip tray. We have that.

It's foam, our one is pinky coloured & you wrap it around the head instead of cotton wool & it ties up at the back. It's fantastic.

I think it's just called neck wool? Or have I made that up lol xx

I have no idea but I want one now

ive typed so many things in google to try and find this! ive had no look x

I call it a 'foam thingy'....obviously not it's real name, but since you asked I've tried to source it for you and cannot find one ANYWHERE?
WEIRD.....o_O
I don't remember where I bought mine, I seem to remember they come in packs of 2.....

Yes they come in packs of 2 aaarrgghhhhh someone must know! Interesting that its not just me who can't find them though lol

Attachments

• foam protector.jpg
    foam protector.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 63
image.jpg This is the old broken one I can't bear to part with but can't use haha

I'm not hair but have found an image online.

The item seems to have been removed from sale at Salons Direct no idea why or when but the cashed link is.... http://www.salonsdirect.com/product/hair/permanent-wave-and-straightening/perm-accessories/foam-wrap-perm-protection-(x2)

I shall keep looking for you but believe this is what you are looking for.
Yes yes that's it! That's the one! Where did you find it as I can't open the link but can see the JPEG. Thank you! At last someone understands me hahaha

Latest posts

Back