What's the difference between RF and skin needling?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swilks12

Reaction score
Can anyone sum up the above in a couple of sentences?

Also anyone had experience of using both, which was the better?

TIA

They've got nothing in common, so you can't compare them. RF causes a heating effect deep down in the subcutis, needling involves piercing the epidermis and/or dermis with either a hand tool or roller.

I think that the hygiene issues with needling concern me. Your care of the product, client and environment need to be exemplary. You need to be cool around blood - when I trained, one of the other students started having a wobble. There's about 24 hours downtime afterwards and the client needs to use the best make up if they need to cover redness. Good rollers can be expensive and I think the uptake would be less than for RF because of the breaking skin/blood issue.

RF seems to be coming on in leaps and bounds with ever newer things around the corner. A top RF machine is not cheap but I know the results I have seen have been excellent.

As @PamieD says, they're completely different but if I was having one done I'd opt for RF over needling because of less trauma and less downtime. You can also use an RF machine for stomachs etc and while I know you can use needling on the body the trauma is quite extensive.

Vic x

as the ladies above say they are different treatments with different results. In terms of which is better what effects are you after?
I find skin needling excellent for reducing pores and plumping the skin and also reducing skin marks - a dermpen is a lot better than roller.
Radiofrequency is great for reducing wrinkles and fine lines, sometimes instantly, skin tightening and lifting - main point here is that its pain free and non-invasive, where as needling is extremely painful and the downtime can be a lot longer depending on the needle length.

I just recently had 1.5mm needling (not sure why i did that?!) it was extremely painful and my face was red raw, i also had a few bumps come up on my head due to the fact i had a larger needle treatment that usual. 7 days in and the bumps still haven't reduced much and during the 7 days i didn't want to visit clients etc in case they thought whats she done to her face!!

For me the treatment must have quickish results and very quick recovery, so depends on what your clients want or what you'd like to provide them.

Hope that helps,
Mel :)

Yes i think for me its the recovery time for clients is a key factor for me. Did you use an anaesthetic neo elegance?

Yes i think for me its the recovery time for clients is a key factor for me. Did you use an anaesthetic neo elegance?

for the 1.5mm yes i did, i thought i would be ok, sadly not :( i spoke to an Aesthetic doctor yesterday though and he said you shouldn't really need to go above 1mm if you use a dermapen.

Ive also seen treatment done with a little anaesthetic cream still on the face, the idea being that it gets pushed in to the skin as you work. Im looking at rejuvapen via skinbrands, do my training in 8 days so will also get the treatment performed so will have to see how i get on [emoji57][emoji53]

Ive also seen treatment done with a little anaesthetic cream still on the face, the idea being that it gets pushed in to the skin as you work. Im looking at rejuvapen via skinbrands, do my training in 8 days so will also get the treatment performed so will have to see how i get on [emoji57][emoji53]
Yeh Let me know! be keen to hear how it is pain wise

Latest posts

Back