Whats the next big thing for the beauty industry?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

number1kitty

Reaction score
The beauty industry has moved and changed so dramatically in ten years that I am wondering if we are now at the top of our game.

We have seen clients expectations raised and a new trend from pamper to paramedical.

I started my first salon as pamper, but my clientele swung me to become more paramedical. Clients want treatments that are going to make them ten years younger. Whilst the pamper side has become popular for clients who are stressed out from power jobs so to speak.

I am on maternity leave at the minute, and devising a new business plan. I think if you have read my other thread that I have been talked out of sunbeds so I need a new idea for another business!

I just wondered what treatments are you thinking of implementing over the next 12 months?

What treatments have you seen gain greater demand over the past year?

Whats next for us beauticians? Can we possibly do any more than we already do without performing minor surgery :eek:!!!

I am all for offering boob jobs in my salon but I dont think I'd be any good :lol:!

I am trained to do skin peels, Micro dermabrasion, brazilians, male wale waxing etc.

All your views appreciated! :green:

Katy x

I have had some clients asking about Nutritional programmes combined with regular anti-cellulite treatments and weighing/measuring. I think my next course will be in Nutrition as I feel that clients are starting to realise that to effectively treat the outside we need to treat the inside.

I've just done a tally of the treatments since I opened in November.

facials and massage are the most popular followed by reflexology.

Ayurvedic therapies are becoming increasingly popular.

Latest posts

Back