What's your earliest childhood memory and how old were you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I wonder how far back we can actually remember, properly ...not just jogged by a photo or video.

My earliest memory, I think, is of my 2nd Christmas (January birthday so I was nearly 2), i remember I was wearing a dark red fluffy dressing gown, staying with my family at my nan and grandads and as I opened the door to the living room on Christmas morning (which they only decorated on Christmas eve after i'd gone to bed) I remember my mouth opening in wonder as I was mesmerised by hundreds of pretty lights all round the room and on the tree ...

My eldest can remember quite a bit from when she was 1 - her sister being born for a start, whereas my youngest can't seem to recall much before she was about 4 so maybe it varies a lot!

what do you think your earliest memory is?

My dads friend putting me on top of a 6ft cabinet, I was 18 mths old apparently

Mine is my first day at school, literally turned 4 about a week before. Sitting playing lego with a girl I'd never actually met before and being told my the teacher to tell my friend to come sit on the carpet so she could do the register. Funnily enough she was my best friend throughout primary school!

My big sister rekons she can remember when she was 2 and ran and fell on a dining chair and ended up in a&e needing stitches. I think it was probably the blow to the head at such a young age why shes a bit nuts and just thinks she can haha interesting thread xx

Sent from my LG-E430 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can remember my dad taking me to the hospital to see my mum when she had my brother. I also remember throwing all my dolls away just after he died. I was nearly 2

I remember sitting in my front garden in Derby with a beige pair of terry towelling dungarees on (that later my teddies wore) sitting in the sunshine until the sun went behind a cloud! No idea how I remember this considering I must of only been two as we moved to London just after my third birthday. I also remember going through the Dartford Tunnel tolls the day we moved.

Great thread :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can remember my dad taking me to the hospital to see my mum when she had my brother. I also remember throwing all my dolls away just after he died. I was nearly 2

Aw Christy that's really sad (((hugs))) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I actualy remember my cot mobile no real memory of it as such but I know what it looked like ,

later my first clear memory I was about 2 we lived in a cottage in middle of no where in the north of scotland (i still remember the cottage well we moved out of there when I was 3 ) and I remember being in the garden and a frog jumping out of an old metal watering can ,my mum was just reaching out to move the can when it happened and she screamed and jumped lol LOL
for some reason it stuck in my head lol

Crazy how memory works isn't it? :)

Last edited:

Sorry to hear that xxx

I have lots if memories from the age of 1.5 -2 :)

I can remember running terrified down the entry of our old house. I was scared to death of the man next door. We moved from there when I was 3.

I can remember being 3 and my 24 year old brother coming back from a stint in the navy and he gave me a traditional Chinese pair of pyjamas, you know the silk kind with black pants. I rushed into my bedroom to try it on, I was so chuffed.

I lived in a house from being 6 months to 3 years old. I have lots of memories from living in that house, so not sure which would be my first. My mum & dad split up when I was 3 & I can still recall certain arguments. Funny what sticks with you, I have very few memories of my Dad at the house though. It was always me & my mum, I could tell you the lay out & furniture, colours of the kitchen/tiles, carpet etc! I can remember my favourite nighty too!
When we moved to my Grans, age 3-6... I can remember loads, even their phone number. My Mum is surprised at how much has stuck with me.

Xx

The lizzards on the outside wall and under the eves of the house when I was 2 in Lagos w. Africa where I was born.

Latest posts

Back