What's your morning routine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snooze the alarm at 6, kick OH out of bed for work, keep hitting snooze until 7.15, trip over 2 cats running down stair at 7.15 shouting the child up wake up on route, put kettle on, feed cats, tip cold coffee out that OH made me that I didn't drink, have shower, make fresh coffee, shout child again, dry hair and get dressed, shout child again telling him it's 7.55 when it's really 7.30, shove him in the direction of shower, make his breakfast, drink coffee, have another coffee, drop him off at school at 8.10 and go to work x

Get up at 7. Turn the light on in son's bedroom. Get washed and dressed. Put the kettle on. Make son's porridge, clear away last nights empties ;). Watch BBC news with son. Leave house at 7.45. Walk with son and dog to bus stop. Take dog for a long walk in the woods. Home at 9.20. Clean the dog. Feed the dog. Feed me. Sit with another cup of tea. Have a shower and change out of muddy clothes. Day is then mine for various jobs/tasks/housework/meetings/shopping/research/cooking/gardening until 4 when I pick up son from school.

Get up at 7, shower, get breakfast, make a packed lunch, washup, tidy living room, clean out fire, feed cat, out the house just after 8 and in the supermarket get home by 9 ready for first client at 9.30.

Up at 6.30, shower, breakfast, feed cats, make packed lunches... Leave for work at 7.50... Clock on at 8!!

... And in the winter... Scrape ice off car!!!

... And in the winter... Scrape ice off car!!!

Which makes you even more late for work if you completely forgot it was going to freeze overnight!

Routine? I wish

Some mornings.... Wake up at 4am (yes 4 am my daughters new play time)
I spend the next half an hour trying to wake up/find the kettle/make a bottle/not fall over cat on stairs/let dog out

Find something on TV to watch that can't be bought on the jml shopping channels (although thankfully im too tired to find my purse some mornings as they are quite persuasive early in the mornings)

Feed Daughter breakfast

Play for the next half an hr till she decides shed like a lay down on the sofa, so two loads of washing , ironing, hoovering, polishing (in fact any house work possible as I know I will be ready to go to sleep after emmerdale tonight)

Put daughter back in bed get shower, so wake rest of house up in process (well if I'm all they should ALL be up)

Do make up/hair
Cook breakfast
Get ready_ everyone had everything tucked in/tied back/on right way round/ hair flattened
Drive to school (and arrive early) chat to other mums in school

Go to work and get everything wrong as your that tired your drunk!!!!

HOWEVER THE OTHER TYPE OF DAY

daughter sleeps till 7:45. No one has heard dads alarm so he's gone without waking us up.
Run down stairs get bottle / fall over cat/let dog out
Start screaming on way back upstairs "get up were gonna be late"
Drag boys out of bed
Shove there clothes on while they still half asleep
Me shower get dressed, (make up an hair will have to wait )
Get a banana and cereal bar for boys breakfast
Leave for school
Turn round half way there as someone has left bookbag/tuck money/a shoe /coat at home
Park by school , don't get out car as baby still in PJs and you look like you've been on a bender all weekend as you have no make up on.
Look in shame as you realise the boys have messy hair / each others clothes on/wrong shoes on fe

Go to work, finally have a coffee and do make up......

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

Get up at 7. Turn the light on in son's bedroom. Get washed and dressed. Put the kettle on. Make son's porridge, clear away last nights empties ;). Watch BBC news with son. Leave house at 7.45. Walk with son and dog to bus stop. Take dog for a long walk in the woods. Home at 9.20. Clean the dog. Feed the dog. Feed me. Sit with another cup of tea. Have a shower and change out of muddy clothes. Day is then mine for various jobs/tasks/housework/meetings/shopping/research/cooking/gardening until 4 when I pick up son from school.

This Is a lovely day.

Hahahaha Jujojones that was so, so funny, my everyday is like your 'However the other kind of day' Lol just chaos, i used to be such a morning person as well, years ago, don't know what happened to that, im sure i sometimes do it all with my eyes still shut. I would love my organised mornings back, but you can't have it both ways, i lose track of time at night when im busy with something

Last edited:
Routine? I wish

Some mornings.... Wake up at 4am (yes 4 am my daughters new play time)
I spend the next half an hour trying to wake up/find the kettle/make a bottle/not fall over cat on stairs/let dog out

Find something on TV to watch that can't be bought on the jml shopping channels (although thankfully im too tired to find my purse some mornings as they are quite persuasive early in the mornings)

Feed Daughter breakfast

Play for the next half an hr till she decides shed like a lay down on the sofa, so two loads of washing , ironing, hoovering, polishing (in fact any house work possible as I know I will be ready to go to sleep after emmerdale tonight)

Put daughter back in bed get shower, so wake rest of house up in process (well if I'm all they should ALL be up)

Do make up/hair
Cook breakfast
Get ready_ everyone had everything tucked in/tied back/on right way round/ hair flattened
Drive to school (and arrive early) chat to other mums in school

Go to work and get everything wrong as your that tired your drunk!!!!

HOWEVER THE OTHER TYPE OF DAY

daughter sleeps till 7:45. No one has heard dads alarm so he's gone without waking us up.
Run down stairs get bottle / fall over cat/let dog out
Start screaming on way back upstairs "get up were gonna be late"
Drag boys out of bed
Shove there clothes on while they still half asleep
Me shower get dressed, (make up an hair will have to wait )
Get a banana and cereal bar for boys breakfast
Leave for school
Turn round half way there as someone has left bookbag/tuck money/a shoe /coat at home
Park by school , don't get out car as baby still in PJs and you look like you've been on a bender all weekend as you have no make up on.
Look in shame as you realise the boys have messy hair / each others clothes on/wrong shoes on fe

Go to work, finally have a coffee and do make up......

You've brightened my bad day!

Which makes you even more late for work if you completely forgot it was going to freeze overnight!

Glad it's not just me then! I hate that when you exit the house on the brink of being late and then see the ice cube sat on the drive... Dammit!

Loving reading these and realising it's not just me that's incredibly tired in the mornings. No matter how much sleep I have 6am will always be too early.

Just stumbled across this thread. I also live in Northampton (very small world). I'm awake at about 6.15 primarily because my hubby can sleep through his alarm however I can't. I stay in bed for a hour watching TV or surfing the net until about 7.15 when I have to get up and get ready for my day job (office based) out the door by 8.15 latest!

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

A good day is when my alarm goes off at 6, although I've usually woken up at 5 and only managed to get back to sleep at 5:57. Straight in the shower, usually with a random item of clothing still on where I still have my eyes shut. Then I creep through our room into the spare room to get ready without waking my partner but the harder I try the more likely I am to drop everything or trip up and wake him up with a crash. Dry and straighten hair, make up on, get dressed and check my bag for purse/keys/train ticket. Make my skinny latte for the journey then out the door at 6:50 for my hour and a half long 2 train commute 😴

A very good day is when I have a dawn raid and I'm out the door at 4:00am for a 5:30am briefing - nothing like a bit of adrenalin to get you going in the morning 😃

Omg im so lucky. In Spain everything opens at 10. I get up 8.30 leave my house 9.30. I work 5 mins drive away lol xxx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was actually good this morning! Got up before my 7:20 alarm. Dog. Shower. Breakfast. Dog. And spent a whole hour writing up lists of things that needs to be restocked/done. Left at 9am on the dot. Went to the bank. Got myself a skinny latte. And got in just in time to set up for my first client whom I'm waiting for as we speak. Woohoo! Sike! I lied, again.

The lists don't exist, and the queue at the bank was too long for 9am. The coffee part is real though!

I like reading these too! Here's a typical first thing for me:

Wake around 6.30 to the sound of a large fart (not me)

Hubby redeems himself by fetching me a large brew :lick:

Drink tea in bed and listen to hubby moaning about work til 7 then get up and shower

Shout twice at my youngest (14) to get up then about eight times at my eldest (16) and slowly they crawl out

Try and get my hair dry before the double teen attack on my hairdryer, straighteners, various sprays, fight them for lash curlers and lip gloss, we all use similar products but I still look an old bag and they look wonderfully fresh and lovely

Assemble packed lunches and PE kit for youngest

Feed idle dog who by now has just launched herself from our bed in time to see the kids go out the door. let said idle dog out unless raining then she demonstrates wonderful bladder/bowel control and has been know to last till 1pm without going.

Make coffee for myself, dress, bit more slap to try and improve but fail

9ish start work

My weekday routine...

Wake up when husband's alarm goes off at 6.30, then 6.40, then 6.50 :(
Stay in bed and go back to sleep at 7.15 when he leaves the house
Wake up between 7.45 and 8.15 to the sound of "mama mama mama" from the monitor
Brush my teeth, comb my hair, get dressed if baby hasn't dissolved into tears yet
Collect baby from cot, let her run around my bedroom as I finish getting dressed
Chase baby, pin her down, change nappy and dress her
Go downstairs and make baby's breakfast - feed it to her on the couch while watching TV (usually Lorraine Kelly!)
Turn CBeebies on, have my breakfast then wash up and get on with my day

My weekend routine is easier! Alarm goes off at 5.50, I snooze until 6.10 then get up. Brush teeth, get dressed, put on makeup, tie hair up, go downstairs. Have breakfast, get dinner from the fridge (made the night before) leave the house at 7.00 and arrive at work for 7.30.

Just stumbled across this thread. I also live in Northampton (very small world). I'm awake at about 6.15 primarily because my hubby can sleep through his alarm however I can't. I stay in bed for a hour watching TV or surfing the net until about 7.15 when I have to get up and get ready for my day job (office based) out the door by 8.15 latest!

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

What area of Northampton out of interest?

love how our routines are all so mundane lol

Ha mine is; alarm goes off at 8, snooze it until 8.45 then think crap I've overslept (I do this every morning) quick wash, brush my hair & teeth (usually at the same time) bit of mascara, dress, stub my toe about 1000 times rushing around, trip over the cat, grab my bag and leg it out the door for 9.

If I don't have to get up for 9 this routine is repeated, just an hour or two later lol!! I'm not good at getting up! I've changed my working hours from April so won't start till 10.30 each day- I'm hoping this will give me time to get up, shower, do my hair and make up properly, have breakfast and a drink an chill for a bit instead of just rushing round an stressing myself out every morning (you think if learn!)

Yesterday morning I had to start at 9 and was hanging from a late night finish the previous night, at 8.45 I text my client saying "I'm really sorry stuck in traffic will be with you ASAP" then snoozed my alarm for another 10 minutes before my boyfriend literally kicked me out of bed at 5 to 9! Felt really guilty but I was just sooo comfy an warm!!

Xxxx

Latest posts

Back