Where do I start?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annaruci

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I feel a little lost... I recently had training in eyelash extensions and microblading. Where do I start?
Obviously, I can't open a salon yet or even rent a room in the salon, before that I need tons of practice. I don't have clients. If I rent the room, I need stady flow not to go into minus. My 2 main concerns:
1. Practice. I don't have many friends who'd like me to experiment on them. I understand that I might just post ad and invite people to get free procedure at my apartment. But do you think they will be comfortable with that? I guess I do have to get all the inventory like massage bed etc.
2. Actual work and charging money after I practice and feel more or less confident. Again, I would have to accept clients from my home, at least in the beginning. Have any of you went through this process? Is it a normal thing in the lash world? Can I get in troubles from working from home? What about microblading?
Please advice and share your journey.

You will need a Licence and Insurance to work from home, the same as if you worked from a salon. Could you do any work experience? It might be worth putting together a portfolio and approaching all the businesses in your area that offer the same treatments, you could 'shadow' someone and learn the tricks of the trade.

You will most definitely need some money behind you to get set up. There might be help in your area for small businesses, sometimes you can get grants or loans on a lower rate.

Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back