Where do you do your pedis?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkbowsbeauty

Reaction score
Hello Geeks

Im currently renting a room in a salon, so dont have masses of space but think I've done well with the space I have. I have a nail desk, set of shelves, couch and a waxing trolley in there at present.

I have been doing pedicures with the client sat on the reasonably comfortable chair (its a wooden dining room chair with padding on) and I sit on a small folding step thing. The other day a customer assumed this step was for them to put their feet on therefore I had to sit on the floor! Should have said something really but by the time I thought maybe it wasnt very professional me sitting on the floor, it was too far into the treatment and my legs had already gone to sleep :rolleyes:

My client then went on to suggest I sit future clients on the bed and I sit on my stool (higher beauty stool I have around my manicure table). My bed wouldnt be suitable (I dont think) as a) my client will have no back support whilst perched on the bed and b) its too high for them to comfortably soak their feet!

Anyway, it got me thinking about how it should be done. How do you do your pedicures?

I do my pedicures on my big comfy couch with cushions to support the client. Most clients say that they really enjoy it :)

I would like to know what most people do as pedicures are driving me mad. I sit my client on a chair and let them put their feet on a stool and I sit on the floor. If your sitting on the stool do you put their feet on your knee? I would think this would hurt your back more? It's so uncomfortable sitting in the floor. I do have a pedicure stool but its quite high and would be uncomfortable for older people to get their feet up but I use ir for younger more flexible ladies :) and I sit on the stool so much easier. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well usually I sit on the folding step thing and put a towel over my lap and I normally find this is ok! I dont have enough room to put a big comfy chair in or anything...I would love that!

I do my pedicures on my big comfy couch with cushions to support the client. Most clients say that they really enjoy it :)

When you say couch, do you mean your beauty couch?

If I did clients on my couch they would have to sit on it sideways with their legs hanging off the sides and lean against the wall which wouldnt be comfy!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KNEELING-Ch...qid=1401836184&sr=8-4&keywords=chair+kneeling

I recently found one of these up in our loft (was OH's) and I now use this for pedis. I do have a hydraulic chair in my room, so I raise my clients and sit on the kneeling chair as designed, but if I am out in the salon and someone just wants a quick toe paint, I sit on the lower half and they put their feet on the top. It's perfect (does that make sense?)

Recently I had a treatment where the pedicure was done on the bed lying down! I'd never come across this before. The therapist lay me down, put an eye cover over my eyes and off she went. It was very relaxing but wouldn't be suitable for those clients who would like to read a magazine or chat to you.

I'm planning to set up my room when I move so I don't know what I'll do yet.

My beauty bed sits up so I just do my pedicures on my beauty bed, and I have a trolley to put all my pedi stuff on. My clients enjoy it and find it comfy

I have a platform in my nail room that I place a chair on for the client,then I sit on a lowered hydraulic chair with the clients foot on my lap. The height difference makes it work well.

When you say couch, do you mean your beauty couch?

If I did clients on my couch they would have to sit on it sideways with their legs hanging off the sides and lean against the wall which wouldnt be comfy!!

No my sofa.. My beauty salon is one big room with an area for waiting etc... With a big comfy sofa. So I get them to sit there x

I do the soak and scrub whilst the client is sitting on a chair and I am on the floor, then once I have done the scrub I put the client on the bed with a pillow so they are sitting up right, and do the massage mask cuticle work and polish on there much easier for me and comfortable for the client :). Don't know how I am going to do a callus peel on the bed though haha xx

I have a small room too. My clients sit on a comfy chair, and I bought a therapist stool which has the foot rest attached. The clients can put a foot up at a time, I'm sat at a good height, and I can see the soles of feet to do hard skin removal.

When I do manicures, I then swivel the foot rest out of the way, so I'm really pleased.

I use the ikea poang chair and foot stool.

Jemima :)

Last edited:
i use a big comfy chair with cushion for the client and i sit on a chair place a towel around my knee and just have their foot on my knees its comfortable enough for me but i might buy one of those stools ch-ela had posted about

Latest posts

Back