Client seating.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitterPink

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I usually use a dining room chair for clients on the heavier side (I work from home and have pink foldable chairs for clients).
However, we are losing the dining table set as it is much too large for our space. So I will be losing my chair (no storage space). Obviously, I do not want to injure or embarrass my clients, so need a suitable chair. If you have clients up to 35st ish, what do you use and where did you purchase it from please? Many thanks in advance 🩷💜🩷 xxx

Hi GlitterPink

I use dining chairs in my salon because beauty chairs seem to be on the small side. I suggest that you measure carefully and make sure your chair is high enough (I suggest 47cm distance between seat and floor) and wide enough with a padded back rest and seat base.

Have a look at commercial seating for hotels. The tub chairs used in boutique bars may work well - check the measurements. Be prepared to pay more than ikea prices. A cheap chair will not be comfortable for your ladies and won’t last. You can use it as an occasional chair in your home when not in use.

Happy hunting

Hi GlitterPink

I use dining chairs in my salon because beauty chairs seem to be on the small side. I suggest that you measure carefully and make sure your chair is high enough (I suggest 47cm distance between seat and floor) and wide enough with a padded back rest and seat base.

Have a look at commercial seating for hotels. The tub chairs used in boutique bars may work well - check the measurements. Be prepared to pay more than ikea prices. A cheap chair will not be comfortable for your ladies and won’t last. You can use it as an occasional chair in your home when not in use.

Happy hunting
That's fantastic thanks hun 😊 xx

I use a dining chair too. It gives the right height to my table and has a padded seat and back.
Don't have arms on it though. Most of my clients especially the more elderly have to sit down and then shuffle their legs round.
My table is on wheels so for those who struggle more with mobility, I can angle the table away for lots of room to get into position and then I push it back in front of them.

I use a dining chair too. It gives the right height to my table and has a padded seat and back.
Don't have arms on it though. Most of my clients especially the more elderly have to sit down and then shuffle their legs round.
My table is on wheels so for those who struggle more with mobility, I can angle the table away for lots of room to get into position and then I push it back in front of them.
Thank you 😊
I'm thinking of keeping one chair and refurbishing it. If I can... My table is on wheels too, as I have limited mobility I get in and manoeuvre it in to place 👍Arms are no good as it limits the seating area, so that's not a problem. Xx

Many years ago I bought from Ebay a heavy duty hairdressing chair that was built to hold a big weight. It is robust and well made by REM. My manicure table fits perfectly the other side of it.
It does have sides on it but as it turns the client sits and swivels into position. I love it and trust how well built it is. Second hand suited me and after 15 years it is still going strong.
It looks like a chunky tub chair, is black and white and is a smart piece of furniture. Love it! 😍

Latest posts

Back