Where to start?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemforster

Reaction score
Hi

After doing a nail tech course about 5 years ago I never really got into the swing of it. I am really keen to start again but my confidence is shattered. Also I stupidly bought a kit from The Edge which I have since found out is not the best or most professional. I am trained in Manicure/pedicure and Gel Enhancements. I'm comfortable with the mani/peids but not enhancements. I dont have any kit other than the edge gels.

My question is where do I start as funds are low? Do I buy the manicure/pedicure and polishes or start with the gels (which I need to replace). Do I do a beginners course and start all over or get some practice the my current system and then do the conversion with CND?

I cant afford to do/buy everything at once and would like some advice on what's best to start with ie most popular treatments then I can save for the rest.

Sorry for the long message, please help! :confused:

Personally I would start all over again, go to one of the good companies, get excellent training and go from there.

Training is your foundation so needs to be the best, with good training comes good products.

CND - sweet squared
NSI
Young nails
Nail harmony

To name a few good trainers. Best thing is to contact one or all of the above, have a chat and go from there.

Personally I would start all over again, go to one of the good companies, get excellent training and go from there.

Training is your foundation so needs to be the best, with good training comes good products.

CND - sweet squared
NSI
Young nails
Nail harmony

To name a few good trainers. Best thing is to contact one or all of the above, have a chat and go from there.

Thanks for the reply. To be truthfull I'm finding affordable training hard to find in the North East. I had decided to go with EzFlow at Educationail but can never get a response, so thats a no go. The colleges are more affordable but the training was pants the last time. I need to find a happy medium. I would love to do the full course with CND but with a mortgage and a house renovation, I'm never going to be able to afford that Thank you so much for replying, think your right about starting from scratch x

Starting from scratch might mean having to save for a while but I promise you in the long run it will save you money, tho some places might seem pricey the training is great and with CND you get all your kit, so really it's not, as you would have to buy this anyway.

Latest posts

Back