Wheres my salon when I search in Google? How do I increase my salon's visibility?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenstep00

Reaction score
This article can also be viewed on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Mr3-3su_A Feel free to share.

When it comes to attaining traffic from Google, you have two options.

There's organic traffic (free traffic) and paid traffic (google adwords/paid advertising)
If your online marketing budget is small then I would recommend focusing on improving your Organic Traffic on google.

What does this mean?

When you go onto google and type in a search term, a list of websites will come up that google believes are relevant to your search.

On the results page you will see a right and left hand column. At the top of the screen you will see about three advertised sites in a yellow box. These are paid advertisements.

You will also see paid adwords campaigns on the right hand side of the page.

All of the content in the left hand column (aside from that at the top of the page in yellow) are organic traffic sites and haven't been paid for.

Getting organic traffic to your website is very important for the success of your salon business.

So how is this done?

It takes a little work but it's worth it.

Step 1: Check out your competition

You may have a salon in a particular location, perhaps your competitor is winning hands down in their online marketing. They may be better at ranking for specific keywords in your industry. To find out which keywords they are using simply type in their website address into google keyword tool (you'll need to type that phrase into the google search box and click on the first web address that appears). There you have it, the main keywords potential customers are searching for. You can now use them for your own website so that you can get ranked highly on the organic traffic part of google

Step 2: Start creating blog posts or articles around the keywords you have just discovered

A blog post can be an article as well. It can become a video, it can even become an audio recording. It can become an email that you send to your email list. It can be uploaded onto twitter, facebook, pinterest and linked in. Create enough blogs and you could have content for an ebook.

OK, so how does this help you rank highly in google?
Whenever, you create content (please make it quality and valueable...to your client) and post it as a tweet, blog, article on an article directory, video on youtube or content for facebook etc you are increasing your website's ranking on google and therefore your visibility on the web.
The beauty of it all is that you can create one bit of content and turn it into multiple formats. Not only that...you begin to be seen as an expert in your field...Now that is great for business .

Step 3: Join salon forums and comment on salon blogs

By contributing to forums, you start to understand what people are concerned about as well as what the emerging trends are in your industry.

Posting on other peoples blogs allows you to create relevant and quality backlinks.
Backlinks are essential for high organic search ranking.
Tie these three steps into a regular daily practise (consistency is key here) and I can guarantee that your online presence will sky-rocket, you'll be seen as an expert in your field and opportunities will arise faster than you anticipated.

May you prosper and achieve the time and money freedom to do more of the things that matter most to you.
If you feel you need more guidance with your salon you can download your free report at:
http://www.acceleratingabundance.com

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back