Google AdWords Dissapproval Notice for my website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindy1005

Reaction score
Fellow Therapists,
Apparently Google has nothing better to do. My website which has been active for over 2 years has suddenly been given a Google Disapproval Notice for excessive nudity!!! :( The offending pictures are the ones on my website advertising waxing (a male chest) and holistic massage (hot stones placed on woman's back) for showing too much skin!!! As a professional Spa and Beauty Therapist I believe this is ridiculous. These adverts are not full nudity and do not even show any inappropriate things like genitalia so I'm flabbergasted. Any other therapists had similar ''feedback'' from Google demanding you change your pages? My Google ad is a basic one with a few words listing my treatments and address, it doesn't even have pictures or video. My website was created on Weebly 2 yrs ago and all the photos in question were stock photos from Weebly. Your thoughts and advice are welcome! I asked Google if they planned to go after every salon, spa, or company advertising skin care, body treatments and therapeutic massage in a similar manner because how could these adverts be deemed offensive for showing skin?

http://www.cindysbeautylounge.co.uk/waxing.html
http://www.cindysbeautylounge.co.uk/massage.html

I didn't get an email from google for that, but I did get one for a broken URL. Went to look and everything is up and running perfectly. I'm not even bothered as I don't do google AdWords anymore but I don't get how they can bother you for simple photos :/

Sadly google can do what they like.
It's best to buy stock photos and use those rather than using ones given by weebly to everyone.

Sadly google can do what they like.
It's best to buy stock photos and use those rather than using ones given by weebly to everyone.

Thank you for your feedback, but somehow I wonder if it would make much difference. These offending photos show a man's chest half waxed and a woman's back with hot stones (her modesty is covered with a towel). I have seen hundreds of similar pictures online depicting massage, some with far more nudity. Surely Salons and Spas, Skin care providers who use similar photos would all be targeted next by Google. My question is - if I don't remove it will Google block my website? Why is it deemed offensive now but not for the past 2 years when it was online? I can change the photos, but Google said I can't show too much skin - what is their definition of this?

Latest posts

Back